cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartview software does not include PX-500 Pantech Driver

Highlighted
Journeyman

Smartview software does not include PX-500 Pantech Driver

I have recently installed the Sprint Smartview software on my pc. I have a PX500 Pantech pc card.Does the smartview software package include the drivers to make this card work? I am supposed to install both the old connection manager and smartview (In which case I guess I'll skip the smartivew). Running Vista Business.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Smartview software does not include PX-500 Pantech Driver

The Smartview Manger will be all that you need to do this you will not need to download the Connection Manager as well.

To Install the Sprint Smartview Manger you will go to:

http://www.nextel.com/en/software_downloads/mobile_broadband/pantech_px_500.shtml

To Install the Drivers you will:

1. turn your computer on and let it boot up completely.

2. Plug the device into the appropriate PC Card, Express Card or USB slot. You will see a small icon at the bottom right of the scrren indicating that Windows has discovered new hardware and that the device drivers are being installed for it.

3. After the installation completes, you will recieve a confirmation message at the bottom right of your screen stating that the new hardware was installed succesfully an is ready to use.

Once you have installed that and the Sprint Smartview manger and have your card activated you are good to go and may begin to use this.

Hope this helps....

Journeyman

More than likely going to leave sprint because the vender site stopped

my bonus because I transferred an airave call to the airave support site

after fixing the phones on the account. So I am deleting my postings.

Message Edited by Threestepps on 12-29-2008 02:32 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem as rudy711. I recently formatted and reinstalled XP Home with a slipstreamed SP3 on the install cd. Idownloaded a fresh copy of and installed Sprint Smartview 1.18 from the linkmentioned by Babyface05 above.Before the reformat, Smartview 1.13 was working fine.

I wondered the same thing about the Smartview 1.18 installation whether Sprint was no longer bundling the PX-500 drivers with Smartview. I tried installing software first, then inserting the card; insert the card then install software; install software, reboot with card inserted. No luck.

Uninstalled Smartview 1.18 and reverted back to installing 1.13. Success. Smartview 1.13 works fine with the Pantech PX-500. I guess Smartview 1.18 has a problem with its drivers not being properly located/whatever in the installation archive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Babyface05, thanks for your reply. Are you absolutely certain that the pantech drivers are in the software. When I downloaded the smartview (ver 1.18) the drivers are not included. One of the other posters believes they were included in smartware 1.13, but somehow deleted from 1.18.....any idea if that is true or not?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rudy7111. I am sorry if I was confusing in the last post. You will install the drivers seperately from the SmartView Connection Manager.

To Install the Drivers you will:

1. turn your computer on and let it boot up completely.

2. Plug the device into the appropriate PC Card, Express Card or USB slot. You will see a small icon at the bottom right of the scrren indicating that Windows has discovered new hardware and that the device drivers are being installed for it.

3. After the installation completes, you will recieve a confirmation message at the bottom right of your screen stating that the new hardware was installed succesfully an is ready to use.

Let me know how this goes...

Highlighted
Journeyman

A quick search of my hard disk drive for the word pantech with SmartView version 1.16 installed reveals the potential driver installation directory located at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sprint\Sprint SmartView\drivers\pccard\XP\32Bit\Pantech" I will install version 1.18 and see what changes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi TSW,

Your observation is correct. The drivers are in that location. The installation is not automatic, I had to manually direct the install program (for the data card)to this directory to find the drivers. In the end, I was able to install with version 1.18. The process however is not a straightforward as it could be.

Good Luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A quick search of my hard disk drive for the word pantech with SmartView version 1.16 installed reveals the potential driver installation directory located at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sprint\Sprint SmartView\drivers\pccard\XP\32Bit\Pantech" I will install version 1.18 and see what changes.

I just received a Pantech PX-500 from my work, but I can't get my laptop to recognize the card.

I've installed Sprint SmartView software, 1.21, without any luck.

I've tried to install the drivers from the above location, but received the error message that the files didn't contain the required drivers.

I've not been able to find any other information on the web.

Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Master

Thinkhard: Are you using a 64-bit operating system? If so that is probably the reason it is not working. 32-bit drivers do not work in a 64-bit operating system if memory serves. Applications will because they will be virtualized, drivers are a lower system process that can't be virtualized reliably. If you don't know you can find out by pressing the Windows Key and the Pause/Break key, it should be listed in the window that comes up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think I'm running a 64bit system. I've Windows XP Pro SP2.

Any other ideas?

Highlighted
Master

In that case I am stumped to be honest That is the location of the driver files, so if that isn't working I don't know what else to do unfortunately.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat