cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartview software does not include PX-500 Pantech Driver

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Smartview software does not include PX-500 Pantech Driver

The Pantech PX-500 is a PCMCIA card. I don't understand why it would show up on the Device Manager list under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Could this be part of the problem of why the computer is not able to recognize the Pantech PX-500 card?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Highlighted
Master

That could be one reason, but that leads more towards something wrong with the computer itself not the card or the software. Makes it seem that Windows is mis-categorizing the device, which I have no idea how to correct.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That could be. And I tried the card on a co-workers lap-top. But I ran into the same problem (unknown USB Root Hub). We're both running HP Compaq NC6400s

I've upgraded to Windows XP SP3. That didn't fix it.

I've installed InstallShield Script 11 as found in: http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=MobileBroadband&message.id=41. The drivers show up in the Program File directory (they didn't before). But none of them work. I get the same message as before (Specified location does not contain information about your hardware).

I tried to upgrade from version 3.02.21 (included on the disk) to 3.02.036, but the CMPWI.exe file crapped out and still would crap out after rebooting the machine.

What I think I need:

Pantech Connection Manager version 3.02.019

or the name of and download site for the Pantech PCMCIA card driver.

Can anyone provide me with that information?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat