cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint/Cradlepoint Wifi PHS300 - a must have!

Highlighted
Patron

Sprint/Cradlepoint Wifi PHS300 - a must have!

I recently ordered the CradlepointPHS300S personal wifi hotspot and I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS DEVICE. The battery life on it is outstanding and it even charges your phone while connected! The broadband speeds are impressive.

PLEASE NOTE!!! You must go to sprint.com/downloads and download the firmware upgrade for the device for it to be compatible with most phones. It took me a while to figure out how to do it successfuly but that was no biggie.

No I do not work for Sprint or Cradlepoint lol I just cant stress how much I love it!

Ultra Portable
The PHS300S creates a secure Wi-Fi hotspot when connected to a Sprint mobile broadband USB modem. Enjoy the convenience of Wi-Fi without having to search around for a hotspot.

Secure
Built-in firewall and WPA encryption lets you or your group work securely while protecting your bandwidth. The PHS300S meets strict IT standards for Wi-Fi security.

Simple
The PHS300S provides the easiest way to connect to the Internet while on the roadsnap in your modem, and youre on line. Plus, you can share that connection with friends and colleagues.

Features
Fully portable Wi-Fi hotspot
Share your USB modem connection
Built-in Lithium Ion battery gives you hours of Wi-Fi virtually anywhere
Secure, robust, and reliable 802.11 b/g router platform
USV A port powers cellular USB modems and can even charge phone
Powered by WiPipeTM technology

COMPATIBLE WITH

Franklin CDU-550
Franklin CDU-680
LG Musiq
Motorola RAZR V3c
Motorola RAZR2
Motorola Q (Not Q9c)
Novatel U720
Novatel U727
Palm 700w
Palm 700p
Palm 755p
RIM Blackberry 8703e
RIM Blackberry 8830
Samsung A920
Samsung i830
Sanyo Katana 2
Sanyo M1
Sierra Wireless 595U

Functional Details

Wireless networking compliant with IEEE 802.11 b/g standards

3G device support for networks that support Sprint mobile broadband USB modems & hansets

Firewall features Network Address Translation (NAT), and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) protects against DoS attacks

Access control to prevent unauthorized usage

UPnP (Universal Plug & Play) and ALGs support for Internet applications such as Email, FTP, Gaming, Remote Desktop, Net Meeting, Telnet, and more

Provides additional security of Enable/Disable SSID, Internet Access Control (Services, URL and MAC Filtering)

Supports multiple and concurrent IPSec, L2TP and PPTP VPN pass-through sessions

Flash memory for firmware upgrade, save/restore settings

Easy management via Web browser (HTTP) and remote management

Supports 64/128-bit WEP (11b/g), WPA/WPA2, and WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK

Compliant with Windows 98SE/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server, Linux and Mac OS

Specifications

Sprint Part Number: MNX7470V

Mfg Part Number: PHS300S

WiFi Standards: IEEE 802.11b/g

USB Connection: Requires activated Sprint USB modem or handset

Buttons / Switches: On/Off; Reset button (located in battery compartment)

LED Indicators: WLAN, Network Connection, Power

Dimensions: 4.7 x 2.8 x 0.8 (122 mm x 73 mm x 18.5 mm)

Weight: 4.0 oz. without battery

Certifications: FCC

Operating Temp: 0 C to 50 C

Battery: 3.6V, 1800 mAH Lithium Ion

AC Adapter: Input: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 0.5A; Output 5V, 2.5A

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Sprint/Cradlepoint Wifi PHS300 - a must have!

Agreed - that's a neat device. 

Do watch how much you use it / how much others use it to avoid hitting the 5 gig cap.  

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I have the Cradlepoint PHS300 and a Sprint phone that is supposed to work, but when I connect it I get error 67. What am I doing wrong?

Journeyman

Error 67 usually means that you will need to update your data profile. You may do this by going into your settings and then go to data and choose to update. I would be glad to give you specific directions for you phone if you would provide a phone model.

Journeyman

I have a Samsung m520

thanks

Journeyman

To updated the data profile on your phone go to Menu>Settings>More>Select Data> Select Update Data Profile. The phone will display   'Updating Vision Profile, Please wait. Press End to cancel.'  while this is in progress. After that is completed you will then have to power off and on your phone. Then your should be able to use data. 

Hope that helps...

Journeyman

I've had mine for a few days now and LOVE IT! It took all of 20 seconds to set it up initially. Now I can carry my laptop around the house and not have to worry about being careful not to smack my USB modem (Sierra 597)on anything. It's already had an "outing". I took it to my daughter's soccer game and used it with my iPod touch.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat