Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Data Absolute Nightmare!!!

Journeyman

Sprint Data Absolute Nightmare!!!

A few weeks ago everything ws O.K. I wasn't getting the connection speed I wanted with my Sierra 595U aircard, but 1.5 - 2 Mgps was workable. Then the bottom dropped out. Connection speeds around 0.2 Mgps and upload speeds faster than I have ever seen them before 1.5 Mgps or so. My first call I was told a tower was down and would be back up within 72 hrs. Nothing changed. I called back and went through resetting the card, no change. Was told they would put in a service ticket and I would get a call back within 72 hours. Didn't happen. Numerous calls, most with "customer service" reps who were reading what to do off their monitors, same stuff every time.

I wish I had kept a log. On at least 4 separate occasions I was told a service ticket was being written and I would get a call back in the magical 72 hours I'd heard before This never happened. One even went so far as to say she was going to step away from the phone to get a service ticket to write up. (They do this on paper?) I was also told at least twice that no tower had been down and there were no service tickets in my history. So I guess they were lying to me. I was always courteous. I never gave anyone a reason to lie to me. But, they evidently did, and on a regular basis.Is there any wonder there are 4,693 posts in this category? I guess no one at Sprint even acknowledges that these posts are here, or that real people who pay them real money are writing them. Maybe the reps are so overwhelmed with complaints that they just tell people whatever they think they want to hear to get them off the line.

So, I thought that maybe a new 598U would solve my problem. New Aircard, new contract, no change. Called back tonight, got a condescending little snot on the phone who treated me as though he thought I was an idiot. He also confirmed no tower outages in recent history and no service tickets on my account in the past 3 months. So, I will wait one more 72 hour period and when nothing happens I'll cancel the account and send their Sierra 598U back to them within the 30 day guarantee time frame.

I might add that I e-mailed Sierra with this problem. They assured me that no hardware or software conflicts could be the cause, as their installation software would have resolved any and that in the future I should confine my service issues to Sprint. They marked the service ticket as resolved and closed it. Then they sent me a survey. I haven't done that yet but, trust me. I'm about to. I'm also going to post this in every forum that is even remotely related to cell phones, wireless, consumer reviews, etc. This may be my new mission in life.

Good luck to all of you who remain here. You will probably need it.

I challenge anyone who works for Sprint and reads this to solve my problem and get back to me. I will update in 72 hours to let the rest of you know.

1 REPLY 1
Wizard

Send and email to sprincares@sprint.com and they should be able to investigate this more.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat