cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Overdrive Charge Port

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my sprint overdrive for about 7 months and had to have it replaced three time already because the charge port kept falling out. This is a mobile device and I dont even take it out my house so I dont understand why the charge port keeps falling out. Has anyone else had this problem??

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Take it you bought the insurance for it.

Look at the other listing, or do a google search for the problem. You are by far not the only one.

They (Sierra Wireless) must have allocated packaging to some junior engineers, who weren't thinking about common use.

Totally relying on surface mount solder connections on a micro-usb is hard to believe.

After my second failure, I just got the Novatel mifi.

If I could get 100+ people with this problem, could get a lawyer to do a class action under the Magnuson Warranty Act and at least get us compensated.

Journeyman

My charge port fell out as well.

Journeyman

my charge port also fell out!

Journeyman

Ours got wiggly and broke off too. A class action would be great, please letme kno if we can help

Journeyman

My charge port became loose and broke also after using it only 5 months.  Since I didn't take out the warranty Sprint says I have to buy a new one.  I will be cancelling my service.  This is ridiculous to have to pay for faulty equipment!!!

Have any of you attempted speaking with a Corp. Service & Repair Store Technician? I notice a large majority of users with Charging port issues either go to non-service store's or just call customer care/Technical Support which isn't really much help over the phone considering they can't actually SEE your issue. Many users actually do cause the issue but perhaps you may be some of the few with an actual defect issue.

Journeyman

Sprint "mgmt" removed my original post suggesting legal recourse.

In the meantime, Sprint is having a amensty month in August for signing up for covered care.

Suggest everyone sign up for it, then bombard them with these repairs. (yes fine print says your unit should be in working order).

The mifi has been fine these last few months while that POS Overdrive is sitting on my desk in parts.

Journeyman

Even if you sign up for insurance program they said u still hav to pay $50 for unit and the cost of monthly insurance, even though u can drop it after replacement

Journeyman

A lot of people have had this problen. It's a defect in the equipment even though Sprint will tell you it's physical damage (which means you caused it) and will charge you to replace it.  Bologna!!!

Journeyman

Re: Sprint Overdrive Charge Port

Acutally Sierra has a year warranty on them regardless of Sprint. First time sent mine back to Canada and they sent me a new one.

Then when that one broke in 3 or 4 months I just gave up. Easier to NEVER buy another Sierra product.

Shipping it to Canada (via FedX) not overnight was like $50.

We have soldering stations and the like here, I could fix this one since the pads didn't pull off, but why deal with crap ?

Journeyman

This thing is a total hunk of crap. I am counting the days when my cintract is over and I can toss this piece of shit out of the window. Never in my life have I regreted buying something as much as  I do with this usless hockey puck!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat