cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Overdrive Pro Issues

Journeyman

I just purchased the Overdrive Pro (ODP) and I am experiencing many issues. They are:

1. The power button does not always shut off the device
  2. The number of wifi connections is not accurate (2 devices connected, only one showing on screen and dashboard)
  3. Can connect to the ODP via wifi, and the ODP is connected to Sprint Network, but connected devices cannot access the internet
  4. If multiple devices connected, then one drops the wifi connection, it cannot reconnect to the ODP via wifi
  5. If I turn the ODP off, then turn it back on, no device that connects to it can connect to the internet even though the ODP is connected to the Sprint Network
  6. The ODP gets quite hot
  7. If I connect to the ODP using the USB cable, I cannot access the internet

When I first activated the ODP last night, it automatically updated itself.  I do not think there are any newer updates as when I tru to update it via the dashboard, it says there aren't any available.

Does anyone know if there is something I can do to fix these issues?

This is very reminiscent of the issues I had when I first got the original Sprint Overdrive.  It had MANY problems which were mostly fixed by the last firmware update, though it still overheated and froze.  I was hoping that Sierra Wireless would not release another lemon of a device after the Overdrive - but that hope may be in vain as the new ODP has SERIOUS problems.  What makes this even worse is that after my Overdrive, I tried the Novatel Wireless Sprint MiFi 4082 - which was SLOW and also had very bad wifi connectivity problems (especially with security turned on).  I returned it and got the ODP, in the  hopes that it would work out of the box.  Unfortunately here I am again the unwitting beta tester for Sprint and Sierra Wireless.

Can anyone help me?

Andrew B.

Tags (3)
22 REPLIES 22
Master

Re: Sprint Overdrive Pro Issues

Sorry to hear about your issue Andrew.  You can private message me by clicking on my avatar.  I will need your Sprint phone number as well.  I'm more than happy to help resolve your issue. 

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Journeyman

Tom,

I think I might have narrowed the issue down to UPnP.  When I enable it, the Overdrive Pro doesn't work properly.  When I disable it, it seems to work.  Can you please pass it on to Sierra Wireless so they can fix UPnP?  I need it for "Back to my Mac".

Journeyman

I have been through 3 devices an all of them had this issue. I am still on my third because I found the issue. The sd slot. Sounds stupid, but I disabled it on the third device and it has been fine since. Now, this is a SERIOUS problem for me and was praying that it wasn't the issue. However, results speak for themselves.

Wizard

Moved to the broadband device forum

Journeyman

Could you please provide a link to where you moved it?  I cannot find it.  Thanks!

Journeyman

Looks like I spoke too soon. My device is back to dropping wifi connectivity and freezing. I have to take the battery out to get wifi back online.

Wizard

Sprint Forums/Phones and Devices/Mobile Broadband Devices/Discussions

The thread's link is

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/67452?tstart=0

Master

For those concerned ~ Regarding the feature “UPnP” on the Overdrive Pro, we have been able to duplicate this reported issue and are investigating the root cause. 

Issue ~ When UPnP is enabled, wifi connections will drop, fail to connect, fail to report a connected user, and affect web browsing.

We have forwarded this information to our Project Managers who work with the vendors.  Any update will be posted here and the new thread.

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Journeyman

Here is my situation:

ODP plugged into USB.  (sometimes will not stop bugging me to install the tethered device in Windows)

I have an iPad and iPhone connected to ODP via wifi.

No UPnP enabled.

Devices go to sleep and disconnect.

ODP will lose wifi connectivity, but still be connected to 4g and still show both devices connected even though they have gone to sleep and disconnected.

iDevices will not reconnect to the ODP and will not even show that the ODP network exists.

I can press the button on the ODP to shut it down.... It takes about 5 minutes to power off.

Once ODP is powered down it shows " Powered off No Battery "

Have to take out the battery to restart.

Journeyman

This device needs alot of work.  I jumped from the original Overdrive to this one.  I should have kept the other.  This device seems to have all the early problems of the original Overdrive from what I have read around the Internet.

I have been following this thread and turned off both UPnP and storage.  Aside from the problems above with Wi-fi devices dropping I have this one:

It runs fine in 4G mode for 5 - 7 minutes then does a connection error(4).  After that it tries to connect over and over again until I take the battery out and reboot.  Once it is back up it does the same thing.  This has been happening in all different areas from New Haven, CT - NYC, Phila, and Wilmington in the last week.  I am spending more time rebooting this thing then using it.

I called tech support but they were pretty much unwilling to help saying that the connection error(4) was an unkown error?

3G works fine but if I wanted that I would just get teathering with my iPhone from AT&T.

Sprint, please fix this device.  It seems like a good idea in theory but not functionality

Journeyman

Ugh I didn't see this thread.  This is EXACTLY like my issues.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/288062

How do I disable uPnP and storage?  What features do I lose here by doing this?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat