cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Overdrive Speed Slow After 2.06.06 firmware update!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Overdrive Speed Slow After 2.06.06 firmware update!

I just updated my Sprint Overdrive firmware to 2.06.06. Everything about the update was great except for the speed. As soon as I updated, the speed is sooo slow now. Previously to the update, I was receiving anywhere from 3Mb-5Mb down. Now I'm lucky if I get 1Mb down.

Is there anyway to revert back to the previous firmware or settings to fix the speed problems?

TIA

- Cal

Message was edited by: mayhemstudios

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Overdrive Speed Slow After 2.06.06 firmware update!

Same here!  But I'm not even getting 0.5 Mbps!

Steve

Journeyman

Were you getting fast 4g speeds before the firmware upgrade?

I reverted back to the previous firmware and all is well again.

I average anywhere from 4-5Mb/sec but fastest so far is 7.6 Mb/sec

http://bit.ly/aiIjlC

Journeyman

Is there a tutorial on how to revert? Or just reset the unit to factory?

Journeyman

I initially had really slow speed as well with the current firmware. The only thing that worked for me (and has continued to work) is changing the DNS.

I'm currently using Google's DNS, but you can try OpenDNS as well.  To use either, just go to the DNS settings in http://overdrive (or 192.168.0.1). If you can't find the exact spot, the help section there can tell you if you type in DNS in the search. Anyway, there's 2 fields to input in to change the DNS and if you want to give it a try, Google's is 8.8.8.8 (primary field) and 8.8.4.4 (alternate field).

You can also change the DNS your wifi card in your computer uses. Here's a link for how to do it if you're on a windows system:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-TCP-IP-settings

note: after step 3, you can jump to step 6.

EDIT: On devices that do not have 2 input fields for the DNS, a comma or space should be used to separate the 2 DNS entries.

Like I said, it worked for me..but you may have a different issue.

Message was edited by: brianthemike

Journeyman

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out.

Journeyman

I tried manually entering the dns numbers as you suggested. It's still slow. It was doing well before this week. I'm also getting really high pings (300-600) with is also causing the slow speeds.

Journeyman

I am in the same boat, I do not know if it was the firmware or not but I have dropped down to .10 - .18 on Speakeasy speed test this is crazy! It used to be fast, now 3G is faster is the way to keep everyone off of 4G. I

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat