Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint SmartView

12 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint SmartView

I've used mini mode once or twice but I wasn't as concerned with the desktop space (not using Always on Top). The large button in my taskbar is what drives me nuts.

Journeyman

You can reduce the size of the application by clicking the 'trangle' next to the minimize window line '_' in the top right. Running in mini mode helps conserrve some desktop space. Just dont set the application to 'always on top'.

Journeyman

I've been in contact with some folks at Sprint and they are pushing to get the "minimize to system tray" feature back into the SmartView Client but it may not happen until the next major release.

I appreciate the suggestion to use Trayer, although it won't be practical for us as I'm supporting a business environment with 60+ Sprint Mobile Broadband Cards.

Journeyman

Until Sprint decides to give us back the "minimize to system tray" function we can get around the problem with an application called "Trayer" http://www.kfsoft.com/trayer/intro.htm

It will convert the taskbar button to an icon in the system tray.

Journeyman

Clyde,

I used version 1.13.0010.0 last Wednesday and I also didn't see the option to minimize SmartView to the System Tray/Notification Area.

Mike

Journeyman

Hi,

I installed it, unfortunately they still forgot to give us the option.

CLyde

Journeyman

clydebassie,

I'm still running version 1.12 and I haven't found a solution to the minimize issue. Yes - it's annoying with the amount of space it takes up.

I see there's a new version 1.13.0010.0 which I've insalled buthavent had a chance to use yet. I hope to try out the new version in the next couple of days and we'll see what it offers.

Journeyman

Hi mdriest,

Have you found a solution to this? I also can't minimize to systray and it's annoying to see it just sitting there taking up space.

Journeyman

I am glad I kept the old connection manager. SM work twice for me very slowly. and now it says it cant find the broadband device.. U720

Journeyman

<blockquote>More than likely going to leave sprint because the vender site stopped<br><br>my bonus because I transferred an airave call to the airave support site<br><br>after fixing the phones on the account. So I am deleting my postings.<br></blockquote><blockquote><hr></blockquote><div class="message-edit-history"><span class="edit-author">Message Edited by Threestepps on </span><span class="local-date">12-29-2008</span><span class="local-time"> 12:53 PM</span></div>