cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tri-Fi wake from sleep broken?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tri-Fi wake from sleep broken?

In the last week, I bought a Sierra Wireless 803S, the Tri-Fi hotspot.  It supports 3G, WiMAX, and LTE networks.  However, I'm currently using it only on 3G, as there isn't a Sprint WiMAX or LTE network closer than a few hours away.

After I've disconnected and left it to charge for a while, I'll return and try to connect the computer to it again.  I get a number of timeout warnings, so I go to the device, push the button to show the various status displays and the two connect, as it is fully awake.

Having tried two other, similar devices in the last 4 weeks from AT&T and Verizon, I think this one must have a problem and I wonder if it has to do with charging the battery also.  I write this because the battery is more than double the size of the other two, and it's never reached past 96 % charge on the display.

I'm hoping that at some point it will reach 100 % charge but I suspect there are firmware issues that need to be sorted, especially the wake from sleep problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Tri-Fi wake from sleep broken?

bousozoku,

Try changing this setting on the Advanced settings page:

Screen Shot 2012-07-14 at 8.39.09 AM.png

On my original Overdrive, turning this off stopped the disconnects, at least on my Apple equipment. The Tri-Fi is clearly a close descendent, with almost identical configuration settings and behavior.

Journeyman

Re: Tri-Fi wake from sleep broken?

Thanks for your help with the workaround!

Until they fix the problem with the firmware, that has been much better, and will be okay.  Thankfully, this battery is huge, and took over a week to charge from 41 % to an indicated 98 %.  It says full at one point and 98 % at another.  I wonder if the battery drain will be significant, but of course, it was worse with the Overdrive.

Oh, if only someone would have tested.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat