cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble reinstalling Smartview with windows 7

Journeyman

Hello, After the last update for the U300 modem it stopped working properly so I was advised to uninstall smartview and reinstall it. After I uninstalled it I attempted to reinstall using the disc that came with it. I get an interal application error. and it wouldn't start up. I also tried to install the download from sprint.com same thing. I tried changing the compatability doesn't work. I am using Windows 7 64bit. Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Trouble reinstalling Smartview with windows 7

First, I'd ensure you are logged on to Windows as an Administrator.  If you're not sure about this, go to start and log off.  When you see your log on screen, does the profile you're using show you as an Administrator? If not, you'll want to select a profile that is an Administrator.  Second, do you have any Internet security installed like Mcafee or Nortons.  If so, try turning it off, and retry.  And lastly, from sprint.com/downloads, Sprint Smartview version 2.50.0094 IS compatible with Windows 7, 64bit.  If you've verified these three things, and it still will not install, then you will have to have either your manufacturer assist you with support, or a computer technician; there may be an issue with your computer.   You could also try and google the exact error message or paste it in this post and I can look it up for you.  There maybe a solution to the issue you're having on a web site somewhere. 

Hope this helps,

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Journeyman

I got the sprintview to reinstall, i downloaded the new version 2.50 from the website using my roomates cable connection. Now I have the same problem I had before. It won't stay connected to 4G and after it is on for a few minutes I get error message that windows doesn't recoginize usb.USB device is malfuncitioning. I've tried moving it to a different usb port with no luck.  I've had this usb modem since last year and only started having this problem the last month. Do I need a new modem?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat