cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Sierra 250U and 4g.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trouble with Sierra 250U and 4g.

I just got my 250U today and i am trying to connect to 4g and it is in my area and the modem sees it but when i try to connect to it its saying "obtaining IP Address" and stops there doesnt go anywhere else wont connect to it. But it will connect to 3g. What could be the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Trouble with Sierra 250U and 4g.

I thought I was the only one. I have the same problem. I try to connect to 4G but it just says "Conecting to.." and doesn't go any further. After a while it just switches to 3G, which connects just fine. May it be a weak 4G signal? I don't think, since I've had to bare with a two-bar signal ever since I got my Sierra Wireless USB modem 250U. What's going on Sprint?

Master

have you tried updating your profile from Smartview tools? the 4G may not be programmed properly. have you keyed your EXACT address into http://sprint.com/coverage? and lastly would be testing the device in an alternate location?  does the same thing happen?

Journeyman

Yes i have updatedmy profile from smartview tool. And i checked the usb at my boyfriends house, which he lives 12 miles away from me and 4g worked fine. At my house i do have the 4g coverage the tech even told me so and i get 4 bars but it just keep on saying obtaining ip address. I also trying all over my house to see if it help and nothing, near the window or door anywhere and nothing it says same thing. I am returning this tommorrow because i am very disatisfied with this and how it says i have 4 bars and its in my area and it wont connect? And 5gb for 3g connection is just not enough for me, i would be going over each month.

Journeyman

Oh wow, it is working fine now, it even got an extra bar of signal. I tired the whole updating thing, but the options to do so was faded out so it wasn't letting me do. I just tried to get on again and , viola, it magically worked. Hope it works out for you the way it did for me.

Journeyman

Glad to hear it works for you, unfortunetly no matter what i do it dosent work for me. this sux

Master

wow, sorry to hear that. could it be a computer issue? you said you took the USB to your boyfriends house, does that mean, tried it on his computer? also, smartview has a "repair" process that flushes DNS, resets tcp/ip and winsock catalogs; all things that deal with background networking for windows. you could call in to tech support and ask for the ##RPR process. also, Sprint has a coverage map for 4G, only available to advanced tech seniors that shows the "actual" 4G coverage. sprint.com is more of an estimate. hope this helps.

Journeyman

So today i took my laptop over to my boyfriends where he has 4G signal and it would not work on my computer but worked on his. Now i am really confused what the issue could be. My laptop is Vista operating system and is only about like 2 years old.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat