Have had a Franklin Wireless U300 since Dec 2009 and have had nothing but problems with it. Finally have it installed and working intermittently. Problem is the device drivers drop in and out most of the time but if I continually get the device to re initialize it sometimes will connect. Computer was checked out for problems with system and none were found. Technician says it is a problem with the device drivers. Sprint says not so, it is a problem with my computer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Just to clarify, does the card act like it's being unplugged and replugged constantly, or do you go into device manager and it's suddenly listed under "other devices"?
Also, what is the operating system that you're running?
If worst comes to worst, I have updated drivers you can try.
Thank you for your assistance, I was about to just junk the modem after almost three months of trying to get it to work.
Running Vista sp2 on Satelite A135-S4487. It acts as though the drivers are being pluggen in and out, if I get the modem to re-initialize a few times it sometimes connects. At times I have to re-boot system because Smartview stops responding and then go through the process of re-initializing again.
Perhaps trying new drivers would work, if you need any further info let me know. When the modem does work it seems to work great as did my Novetel 720. Again, thanks for your help.
I also have this device, and have already had to have it replaced once. It was working great for about a month and now its doing it again. The drivers are not installing properly. Im at a loss for what to do.
wow, exactly the same thing happened to me. bought this device back in dec/09, started having trouble with it in feb/10, sprint "techs" kept saying my comp was the problem, until i spoke to a rep over the phone and he decided to send me a new device, problems solved.
My problem was that i 4g would not connect, and when it did, it'd log me off shortly as if the modem was disconnected.
Having same problems again, how did you guys solve the problem or you did replaced it? I may change this one, man.
I have had the exact same experience since I purchased my U300, also
(My problem was that 4g would not connect, and when it did, it'd log me off shortly as if the modem was disconnected.)
So, after a few months of this behavior and numerous contact with Sprint Tech Support ( non success ) , I started using the 'hacked' version of Clearwire ( from Clear ) in order to use 4g. Works GREAT except Clear tries to update the software on a regular basis. Then I have to re-install the special hacked version again. This is insanity...not right...and it looks like I'm not the only one in this position.Surely there is a way for Smartview and this modem to work with Windows Home premium 7 . A year has passed and I'm still using a hacked solution. Wonderful
U300. smartview stops running and always have to reconnect or restart my computor. this aircard is becoming the biggest pierce of crap Sprint has ever sold. Teck support no help. you are on your own with this issue. due to this aircard i might change service soon!
I was able to get mine to work after several calls to tech support and the help of GrooveDaddy on this community. It was a problem of getting the software to install correctly, if I recall correctly it involved a PRL update which had to be installed manually. For last year aircard working correctly up & down the East Coast with no problem. Try to contact GrooveDaddy on this community, he may be able to help.
I've been having the same problem for months. My experience with tech support over this modem has been disappointing, to the point that I just have been living with it vs calling.
So what is it that fixes the problem? Should I completely uninstall everything and start over?
I was able to get the U300 working with the great help from Groovedaddy on this forum. Also I was able to get through to Sprint tech support after several tries. One problem was the PRL updates would not update and had to be updated manually, another was the U300 drivers were not the updated ones. I had to totally remove all traces of Sprint Smart View and reinstall. Turn off your antivirus software prior to installing the latest Sprint SmartView version and then turn the antivirus back on after SmartView is finished installing. I am running Vista, not sure what the fix is for XP. Try to contact Groovedaddy on this forum, he was a great help. My U300 has been working fine up & down the east coast since I finally got it installed correctly.
Thanks. I removed the program, deleted the folder under "Program Files," deleted all references in the registry, and uninstalled all of the drivers.
I just re-installed everything. So far so good, but it's only been a few minutes.