cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP ports blocked?! Cannot use P2P?

Journeyman

UDP ports blocked?! Cannot use P2P?

I have not had a problem with this until recently.  Has sprint done something with this?  If so, how do I fix it?  I use torrents for legitimate sharing and need these to function!  How do I get around this?

13 REPLIES 13
Master

Re: UDP ports blocked?! Cannot use P2P?

agdodge4x4,

I have forwarded your request to our advanced technical support team. I will follow up once we receive further instructions.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thank you very much!

Master

agdodge4x4,

Peer-to-peer sharing directly violates Sprint's terms and conditions (www.sprint.com/termsandconditions). This includes the use of file-sharing sites such as Bittorrent, Ares, Gnutella, eDonkey and PP Live. Sprint has begun blocking these sites proactively. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

This change has happened recently.  When I signed up for service, I signed up for internet access.  That's what I expect to get.  If you want to give me 3/4 of the internet, you can charge me 3/4 the monthly fee.  For the price, terrible speeds, and now proactive blocking of ports, its time to proactively find a new provider.  Thanks for letting me know the issue is with Sprint and not on my end.

Master

agdodge4x4,

We would hate to see you go. Please be aware that most telecommunication companies have a similar policy in place. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

i wouldn't say most. I will NEVER use your service. I'm having my parents cancel the account they have at there house. What your doing is the equivalent of selling me a new car that will only drive on roads that you approve. Not fair, not right, and it makes your service useless. It seems like you are labeling everyone who uses bittorrent a pirate when that isn't the case. Its an easy reliable way to send and receive large LEGAL files. Prepare to lose at least 3 more customers because of your shady internet practices. Slowest internet of all the cell providers and  i know for a fact tmobile and at&t don't block bittorrent so your claim that MOST are doing it is a blatant lie.

I will be telling everyone and posting everywhere about your practices. Remember one unhappy customer tells a minimum of ten people why they hate your service.

Thanks for making the internet 50% useless to your customers.

-Josh

Journeyman

This really is too bad. My contract is up and I'm month to month now. I won't be signing a new contract with Sprint that's for sure. You guy's need to adapt to what your customers want, not what you think they want.

Journeyman

T-Mobile doesn't block.

Master

dsharp, Though I'm sorry to hear that, I do understand that you have to make the choice that's right for your needs.  Please let us know if you have other questions or concerns that we can address.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have a similar problem but it's not peer2peer. I've been trying to play the new game Destiny, and according to Bungie LLC it's being blocked because some networks identify it as peer to peer sharing. It's just a multiplayer game, and I guess college campuses were having trouble with it for that reason. Any help or suggestions guys?

Master

Crewlella

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concern unfortunately Sprint's service terms prohibit some uses of data usage. Check our site for details, http://sprint.com/legal .

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat