cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to SmartView / Sierra 598U

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to connect to SmartView / Sierra 598U

I am receiving an error from the Sprint SmartView stating "Device Not Found".  I've uninstalled Sprint SmartView from the Control Panel and removed any Sprint SmartView and Sierra folder from the Program Files. Of course, I rebooted the computer after each uninstall.  I reinserted the aircard in the USB drive and reinstalled all the files.  When I open the SmartView icon from the desktop, the error stating device not found appears.  Any suggestions?

This is also the second aircard I used.  The Sprint Retail/Repair Center gave me a new card.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unable to connect to SmartView / Sierra 598U

I am experiencing the same behavior you are describing with the 598U. Either Smartiview freezes or it just says no device and after re-booting a few times it finally connects. I will post back if I find any solutions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I would try first is deleting the dial-up networking connections smartview creates when launched.  Close smartview and find the dial-up connections.  The location of these depends on the OS you're running...

For Vista/Win 7

start - control panel - network and sharing center - manage network connections

For XP

start - control panel - network connections

Find the dial up connections 3g & CDMA.  Delete both of these.

Launch smartview with the card unplugged.  Wait until you get the "no device detected" message and then plug the card in.

See if it detects the card then.  If you're still having problems, let me know and we'll do some additional troubleshooting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the assistance.  Your original solution did not eliminate the problem. It appears the problem is with the laptop BIOS not recognizing the network mapping drives.  I am waiting for HP to respond.

Thanks again

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat