cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless card speed is at a crawl!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It appears that people have been getting some true assistance by posting their speed issues in the discussion forum, so here is my post.  I'm hoping that one of these Sprint employees will also check into my issue since I've just been getting the brush-off with anyone else that I deal with.

I do all of my daily work through the wireless card connection, and because of the slow speed my production has been suffering greatly.  The local Sprint folks are courteous, and I believe that they would truly like to help with this issue, but they tell me that it's an issue with the network and that they aren't getting any straight answers from the folks controlling the network.

My wireless device is the 250U, and it worked wonderfully until about two months ago when the network took a dive.  I am confident that this is a network issue.  The local folks tell me that my device is okay, and I know several other users who are experiencing the same problem.

Below are the results of some speed tests that I ran yesterday.  I've been running the speed tests for some time now, and the results are generally the same.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 592 kbps (74 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 83 kbps (10.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 318 ms
Monday, May 02, 2011 7:59:46 AM

Last Result:
Download Speed: 180 kbps (22.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 3 kbps (0.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 1925 ms
Monday, May 02, 2011 11:31:26 AM

Last Result:
Download Speed: 177 kbps (22.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 63 kbps (7.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 767 ms
Monday, May 02, 2011 3:45:04 PM

As you can see, there is something seriously wrong here.  I'd appreciate a solution to this problem.  I don't want to jump to another network; this service worked very well for me until about two months ago, but this continuing problem is getting rediculous.

Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Hello.  I apologize that noone has responded to this message.  Are you still experiencing the issue?  I can definitely help.  You can private message me by clicking on my avatar.   I will need your name and Sprint cell phone number. 

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat