cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobil hotspot new user question, what is my internet ip address?

SOLVED
Journeyman

mobil hotspot new user question, what is my internet ip address?

I know this is simple but I cannot find my internet ip address that the mobil hotspot has?  It gives my pc a 192.168.0.xx address on the lan side.  I have looked through the admin tabs and cannot see the internet ip address..   It is the  mobil hotspot w801 with firmware 02.23.  Thanks in advance.. Rick

Message was edited by: jrgssr

4 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: mobil hotspot new user question, what is my internet ip address?

jrgssr,

To locate your Router IP Address, log into your home page.  Click Advanced settings.  Click Router>LAN.  From this window, you can view the routing hardware's IP address on the LAN.  You can find more information in the users manual at http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Sierra_Wireless/Overdrive_3G4G_Mobile_Hotspot_by_Sierra_Wireless-dvc940004prd.  I hope this helps.

Thanks,

SprintCares

Journeyman

Sorry,, I guess I should have asked how do I find my WAN ip address.   I found the hotspot router lan ip,  It is 192.168.0.1.  I need  to be able to find the wan ip address that is assigned to the hotspot when I connect to the cell network.

Wizard

jrgssr,

Oh, okay, sorry for misunderstanding.  Have you tried to click the data icon (the icon that looks like two arrows) to open the Internet Connection Information window.  It will display data statistics and the WWAN IP address of the device. (the IP address of the modem as seen from the internet)  I hope that helps.

Thanks,

SprintCares

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes,,  thanks that is what I was looking for..  thank you for your help

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.