cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overdrive problems

Highlighted
Journeyman

overdrive problems

I have been having problems with the overdrive it will not turn off at timmes unless you push the reset button, anyone else with this issue????????

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: overdrive problems

I have the same problem.  Very often the Overdrive would take a very long time to get turned on. It also doesn't seem to be understanding well when you are on battery or connected to outlet. I often have to press and hold power button to get it to turn on and off. I wonder if this is hardware or software issue.

Journeyman

THe overdrive problem apparently is no problem for Sprint I have contacted them many times and have no resoultion. The say to turn off and on then updates then off and on.. It has been a contiuous battle. There more people with the same problem, I am not sure what I have to do to get them to replace it.. I have had Sprint for 3 years and never had this problem with their product or service until now..

Journeyman

It doesn't look like replacing fixes this problem. I did get Sprint to send me a new Overdrive, but the new device arrived with exactly the same problem. So this is Sierra Wireless issue, not Sprint issue. Sierra Wireless needs to look at this problem and release a firmware fix. I hope they read these forums and will get to work on the fix soon. Until then we are stuck.

Journeyman

Luckily they send you a new one, I was thinking about buying the Mifi that they offer but my luck would be that I would have the same issue, I am going to try to contact Sierra this week, I will keep you updated..

Journeyman

In total frustration, I have tried the MiFi card as well. It doesn't have the powering off issue. However, turned out it only works on 3G network, and since Sprint is upgrading to 4G as we speak, the MiFi card won't work on 4G. It doesn't make any sense why Sprint would even sell any devices at this point that work on 3G only, but they are. So getting MiFi card at this point makes no sense - it won't work on 4G and 4G is coming soon (most major cities should be on 4G by end of summer I was told). So Overdrive is the only wifi hotspot that works on both 3G and 4G - no other choices at this point. So I think our best course of action is to try to get Sierra Wireless to fix this bug.

Journeyman

I have the same issue, turning the Overdrive on I sometimes have to reset or take the battery out. Now I'm having issues even getting online, the Overdrive shows I'm connected but the computer shows that I have limited access or local only. 2 hrs with Sprint Tech support got me no where. They said to take it to a service center but couldn't promise that I wouldn't be billed. The unit is not even 2 months old!

Journeyman

I regret the day I foolishly let the helpful Sprint technician talk me into wasting my money on this piece of garbage.

Since my 30 days has long expired, I'm now stuck with this brick. In theory, it's a good Idea. In reality, try not to step on it. The smell is similar to the sausage shaped objects manufactured by my dog.

Journeyman

Having same problems - very frustrating as I "upgraded" to this because I need to travel with my company laptop and my personal laptop to customer sites.  Then when at home, thought grandkids could use their laptops, while I am working on my personal laptop simultaneously.  It doesn't work.  Between the overheating, the overdrive not powering off (thus running the battery down),  simply *** not connecting at all *** to the network, this appears to have been a poor purchase.  Been with Sprint for several years, and until this produce was very pleased.  Not anymore.

People stop me in hotels, and airports and ask me about the Overdrive - cannot give them a positive review at all!   Like everyone else, I am past my 30 days return and stuck.  I will have to purchase a better solution from another vendor - this is costing me business!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat