cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u300 keeps disconnecting

Journeyman

u300 keeps disconnecting

I have usb u300 3g/4g modem. It keeps connecting then disconnecting. This happens in 3g mode. I havent been able to connect to 4g for about 3 months now. This started right after the last sprintview  update. In addition to disconnecting it also will just search for network or i get microsoft doesnt recognize usb device. After it goes thru the reconnecting process a few times i get error message about other modem or device in use. I have already did a factory reset of laptop. I have removed and reinstalled sprintview several times. I didnt have this problem before last update. I use windows 7 64bit sprintview is 2.50 (downloaded from sprint.com). Help i am ready to cancel and pay the penalty. I mean i havent been able to use the modem for 2 months now it would be cheaper to cancel. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

u300 keeps disconnecting

Hello,

Can you please send me a PM so that I can take a look at this and see if we can get this resolved.

Journeyman

u300 keeps disconnecting

I'm in Chicago and was using the latest greatest Smartview and was having the same disconnect problems with my windows 7 (64bit) toshiba laptop  i did 2 things and for reasons unknown i am now getting steady 4g connections....first i upgraded my ram from 4 gig to 8 gig....not so sure that that would have anything to do with the disconnect problem because i also deleted the latest version of Smartview and rebooted and luckily i had Smartview version 2.040.0054.0 in my downloads folder and installed it...rebooted and started smartview without u300 plugged into usb slot yet.....then i plug it in and wait for it to do its gyrations...then while in 3g mode i go to tools and update profile...not upgrade smartview as it will ask from time to time....say no and use the old version....once you get the profile upgrade done switch to 4g and it works very stable....try it if you can and let me know if it worked for you......also change you smartview setting that will ask you to manually install newer versions and don't upgrade till they fix this bug!    Good Luck...Art

Highlighted
Journeyman

u300 keeps disconnecting

Thanks. I actually ened up calling tech support and after an hour they decided that the upgrade messed up the connection card, domething to do with the radio. So they are sending me a the new model u301. If i have problems with that one i'm done with sprint internet.

Wizard

u300 keeps disconnecting

Hello,

I'm glad that we got a resolution to this issue. I had a U301 card and I really liked it. If you have any other issues, please let us know.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat