cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 vs. LG V30

Community Manager

LG V20 vs LG V30.jpeg

When LG updated and upgraded the V20 to become the V30, it not only made waves among the V20's fan base, but it made reviewers do a double take. Because the V20 was already a terrific phone – with all the latest and greatest technology, what could LG possibly do to make the V30 an even more stylish, functional device that would necessitate an immediate upgrade?  

The truth is, they are similar, but when you compare the LG V20 and the LG V30, there are some clear differences that might inspire technophiles to snag the V30 even outside of their scheduled upgrade. Let's take a look at the V20 vs. V30 and see how they're similar and how they're different.

V20 Features & Specs

• Display: 5.7-inch LED with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels
  • Not water resistant
  • Supports microSD cards
  • USB Type-C charging
  • 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera; 16MP standard, and 8MP wide-angle rear-facing cameras

V30 Features & Specs

• Display: 6-inch OLED with a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels
  • Water-resistant based on IP68 Rating, which tests submersion up to 1.5 meter for up to 30 minutes.
  • Supports microSD cards
  • USB Type-C charging
  • 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera; 16MP standard, and 13MP wide-angle rear-facing cameras

In the LG V20 vs. LG V30 comparison, it really boils down to you – who you are, what you care about, and how you'll use your phone. Both devices are advanced, easy to operate, sleek, and have all the features you need to work and play. However, with its IP68 rating, OLED display and upgraded cameras, the V30 may give you more of what you want. That said, it's truly a personal choice, and we hope that you'll take the time to look over the features and benefits (and costs) of both devices before making your decision. No matter which you choose, you'll get a great phone and our full support.

Learn more about the LG V30+

1 Comment
Journeyman

The V30 is just a evolution of the G6. That isn't what the V line was supposed to be about. The V line is for power users like you said. Battery technology just isn't good enough yet. The V30 is going to die after 3 or 4 years and need a new battery. With my V20 I spent $30 on a 6500 MAH battery with a case and it is glorious. That was the main draw of the V series (and of course the DAC). You can have water proofing with a removable back. I had a S5 active before and it was waterproof with a removable battery. It isn't a technology problem. I beg you LG to take a look at innovation in battery technology that allows easy replacement.