cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 8

Community Manager

iPhone 7 vs iPhone 8.jpeg

iPhone releases are always met with quite a bit of fanfare, so when Apple unveiled the iPhone 8 no one was shocked that industry types and laypeople alike were lauding it as a groundbreaking device that you needed NOW! However, like most things in life, it takes time and research to really understand if becoming an early adopter is worth the leap. So, let's take a look at the iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 8 – and learn how they're different, and how they're the same. Then, you can choose the right device for your life and your style.   

iPhone 7 Specs & Features

• Display: 4.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD, 1334 x 750 pixels
  • Water-resistant based on IP67 rating
  • USB Type-A charging
  • 7MP front-facing camera; 12MP rear-facing camera
  • A10 Fusion, M10 co-processor

iPhone 8 Specs & Features

• Display: 4.7-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD, 1334 x 750 pixels; True Tone technology, which reacts to environmental light and ensures a correct color balance in any conditions.
  • Water-resistant based on IP67 rating
  • Qi wireless charging
  • 7MP front-facing camera; 12MP rear-facing camera
  • Apple A11 Bionic, M11 co-processor

When comparing the iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 8, you'll see that they're pretty similar devices. Sure, the iPhone 8 has a faster processor, wireless charging, and True Tone technology, but they tend to have many of the same features and functions. However, some believe that the iPhone 8 and the 8 Plus are different enough from the iPhone 7 to warrant an upgrade as soon as is prudent. We'll let you be the judge of that, of course. Regardless of what you choose to do (upgrade now or later, to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, or even the iPhone X), we'll be here for you with the devices you want, and customer service you can count on.

Learn more about the iPhone 7

Learn more about the iPhone 8

2 Comments
Journeyman

I dont know why wireless charging is a huge deal! I have galaxy s8 and i hardly use wireless charging, it charges very slow! May be it will improve in upcoming years!

Community Manager

I think it's more of a cool factor than anything.  Just set it down and go.  I will say it was a huge convenience when I was at a restaurant and they had a wireless charging pad in the center of the table.