cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 days and Essential PH-1 still not unlocked

Journeyman

6 days and Essential PH-1 still not unlocked

I was told all my 4 phones were unlocked 6 days ago, last friday when I left Sprint to go to Verizon. My phones were paid in full and my account was paid in full. None of them were unlocked. Over the weekend 3 were finally unlocked and the Essential was the only one that was still locked. Monday I received emails from sprint for each phone saying they were all unlocked. But the Essential was still saying "Invalid Sim". Tuesday tried everything at the Verizon store including activating my Verizon sim on another phone and then putting it back in the Essential. It did not work Today , Wednesday, I spoke with the highest tech at Verizon, who took the time with me to call Sprint and figure out why the Essential was not talking with their network. Turns out there is still an order pending to unlock my phone. The sprint tech said that it should take 5 days. I we were on day 6. Sprint can unlock my phone, and I go away quietly and we each live our lives or they can buy my Essential back from me for the price I paid which is $280 when all is totalled. The sprint tech said he would expedite my unlock claim, but I have been on the phone with at least 15 Sprint reps and they have all said there is no such thing as an expediting process. I need Spring to either get off my property, or buy my phone back so I can get my kid who leaves for college tomorrow a phone. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: 6 days and Essential PH-1 still not unlocked

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: 6 days and Essential PH-1 still not unlocked

Hey Molyholly! Can you send me a Private message with the IMEI of that Essential PH-1?

You'll also need to have a Sprint SIM card inserted into that phone, connect it to WiFi so it can receive the unlock signal, and follow these steps once I confirm that I've sent out the unlock signal. 

• Open the dial pad of the phone and enter # # 72786 # # (there should be no space between the characters)
  • Select "Yes" when prompted to reset the system setting to factory Default
  • Your phone will restart at least once
  • After the phone is finished restarting, go to Settings > Cellular Networks >Preferred Network type "Select CDMA + LTE/EvDO" (when activating on a new carrier, you may need to change this to GSM if the other carrier uses that technology rather than CDMA/LTE)
  • Next, go to Settings > About Phone >OMADM and click the following:
    • Update PRL
    • Update Profile
    • UICC Unlock

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat