cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Xiaomi Mix 2s IMEI

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add Xiaomi Mix 2s IMEI

I would really like to use my Xiaomi Mix 2s with your network, it is listed as not compatible by the BYOD page but the phone still happens to have all the CDMA and LTE bands that it needs for Sprint.

I am sure there is something you can do. Verizon says the phone is not compatible with them either, but it still works perfectly when using an activated sim because they don't block unsupported IMEIs like Sprint does.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Add Xiaomi Mix 2s IMEI

Hey, we would love to have you join our Family! In order to confirm if your device is compatible on the Sprint Network you can check on the link provided: http://sprint.co/2iDtfpL if the device isn't compatible you can visit Sprint.com to see some of our great device offers available. 

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, the checker says it can't be activated, however it is able to work on the network if allowed. Can you submit a ticket to add my IMEI to your database?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Unfortunately, we cannot have it added if it's not compatible with our network. Unlocking a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with another carrier’s network and due to this limitation, there are some devices that are not eligible. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

But the device IS compatible with your network, it just isn't allowed. The only reason I cannot connect is because of your restriction that would be lifted by adding my IMEI to your database.

If this is incorrect, please explain why adding the IMEI will not help.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Can you send me the IMEI/MEID of the phone in a private message? Did the link say it's compatible when you tried entering it? 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Asked and answered.  Xiaomi is not a brand we activate primarily it does not support our voice bands nor our brand of VoLTE.  Don't always believe what's on XDA, it's not as simple as whitelisting an IMEI.  Stores do not "whitelist" IMEIs.

@Ekterm wrote:

But the device IS compatible with your network, it just isn't allowed. The only reason I cannot connect is because of your restriction that would be lifted by adding my IMEI to your database.

If this is incorrect, please explain why adding the IMEI will not help.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat