cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel Idol 5s (6060s) cannot be activated on Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alcatel Idol 5s (6060s) cannot be activated on Sprint?

I have bought two Alcatel Idol 5s back in April. One of them has been activated and it has been working on Sprint network perfectly from day 1. 

The other one, unfortunately, cannot pass the IMEI check on Sprint BYOD website. 

This one is still new in the box and there is no way this phone has been activated on Sprint or any other MVNO network. 

I do need use this Idol 5s (6060s) phone to replace my wife's broken iphone SE (now registered in my account but not working...) 

Please help! Thank you in advance. 

Best,

Paul

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: Alcatel Idol 5s (6060s) cannot be activated on Sprint?

Hi Paul, I know it's important that your wife has a device to communicate, and I'd love to work with you toward a solution. I sent you a PM, please reply back as soon as you can. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for your time and all your hard work.

I have been helped by you and Kryshna in the last couple of days on this Alcatel issue. It turned out that this phone is unlocked internationally but cannot be added to Sprint network.

I guess that I will try to do BYOD check on Sprint website before I buy unlocked phones from other retailers.

Again, I do appreciate everything you and Kryshna have done and I am so happy to have you as my support team!

Best,

Paul

GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/ANSWER-Is-My-Phone-Eligible-for-BYOD-with-Sprint/ta...

this list is usually a good one to follow..keep in mind that there are as you found international variants of most phones and usually those ones are not able to be added even though they are a variant of the ones here.

the differences are internal with the devices.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat