cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Pixel 3 on Sprint

Journeyman

Can't activate Pixel 3 on Sprint

Hi, I bought a Verizon Pixel 3 (G013A) on ebay and tried to activate it with Sprint.  Google confirmed that this phone is compatible with all major carriers and Verizon confirmed that this phone is not locked.  The Sprint IMEI check said I can't activate this phone.  I am wondering if the IMEI is just missing from the Sprint database.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Can't activate Pixel 3 on Sprint

I'm happy to help determine if the phone is eligible to be added to the database. I'm going to send you a private message to get some more information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I have the same issue. This Pixel 3 xl was a verizon version but fully paid off and have clean IMEI. Still IMEI check shows as not eligible to swap on account. Can you please check and let me know how to add the IMEI to sprint database. If you pm me I can send the IMEI info

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@rkodali, I'm ready to tackle your phone now. I'm going to send you a private message.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
GrandMaster

for anyone else that pops in or checks out this thread...this link provides the run down on why you can not activate whichever device you are bringing to Sprint and the steps needed to make this happen..as well as which devices are allowed and what info the agents will need in order to make this happen.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/SOLUTION-How-to-Add-a-Device-to-Sprint-s-database-B...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Verizon Pixel 3a, 3aXL, 3, and 3XL models are not eligible for BYOD due to hardware limitation.

Journeyman

check now if not yet resolved sprint seems to have added all Verizon IMEI's in the system. Mine started working after many tiimes failing on IMEI . check. I was in touch with Google and sprint not sure who fixed but now it is working. Also my old IMEI that was not getting activated also shows can be activated, although i do not have it any more. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat