cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cradlepoint IBR650LPE Modem Setup

Journeyman

Cradlepoint IBR650LPE Modem Setup

I own a Cradlepoint IBR650LPE. 

I procured a sprint SIM card (part number SIMGLW116R) and worked with the sprint agent (very helpful!) to activate it and ensure it matched to my IMEI number. 

Per the Cradlepoint tech experts I flashed the firmware on the IBR650 to the most recent version compatible with Sprint. 

I'm working with a sprint agent but we are having a hard time getting the appropriate settings for the device such that the device moves out of the "waiting to activate state." 

I would like to know what APN should be used with this type of device...so far in my searches I have found all of the below to be potentials:

1. Sprint

2. sprint

3. n.ispsn

4. cinet.spcs

5. otasn

6. n.ispn

I have attempted all of the above APNs with no success moving out of the trying to activate state. I have seen the device go into "activating" state but the activation fails. The sprint reps believe the issue may be on the sprint network side so if someone technical at sprint is reading...what settings need to be updated so make this all work?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Cradlepoint IBR650LPE Modem Setup

Howdy Jraymondjr. Sprint devices doesn't allow the APN to be changed on any of our devices. Where was this device purchased? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Thank you for the reply. It's not a sprint consumer device. It's a professional grade modem. I bought it directly from Cradlepoint. 

here's a Cradlepoint article on setup instructions: https://cradlepoint.com/sites/default/files/sprint_lte_faqs_3.4.14_1.pdf

Wizard

OK. I looked into the info I have on this device, and I see they have their own tech support. I'll be more than happy to look into data connection issues, but anything outside that area of support I'll have to refer you to their tech support. 

Are you having trouble accessing the network? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Thank you again

I am in contact with their tech support and have provided them all data from the modem for review. Their consensus is that the network appears to be rejecting the modems request to activate on the network. Therefore it does seem this is on the sprint side and yes, I am having problems getting onto the network. 🙂

Wizard

Alrighty, I sent you PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat