cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Upgrade for Legacy Sprint 5G Devices

Highlighted
Journeyman

Device Upgrade for Legacy Sprint 5G Devices

Now that Sprint has shut down it's 5G spectrum and converted over to T-Mobile's, I'd like to upgrade my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. I keep reading about the deal at the bottom of this article (and elsewhere): https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-to-redeploy-sprints-midband-5g-spectrum-in-new-york-in-may/, but the helpful folks on the chat and the phone line can't find it. Instead, they keep guiding me to the standard upgrade page for my account which has the standard device upgrade rates and not the much lower rates in the article.

Can someone post a link or contact me so I can take advantage of the lower trade in rates mentioned in this article?

Thanks,

Bruce

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted

It is not resolved with me. And a lot of OnePlus 7 Pro users.

Highlighted
Community Manager

There was a promotion for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, and LG V50 ThinQ users that has since expired on 7/11.  The promotion went out via email on record and texts, assuming customers had not opted-out of promotional messages.  Also, owners of those phones would have been made aware of the promotion if they had called in during the promotion period.  It was an upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S20 for $20/mo., LG V60 for $10/mo., OnePlus 8 for $10/mo. or (beginning 6/19) Samsung Galaxy A71 for $5/mo.with 18 month lease.

The promo expired on 7/11 because on 7/12 we changed our leasing and installment billing options to align with T-Mobile's options.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a oneplus 7 pro 5g and live in Michigan and sometimes travel to areas that has sprint 5g coverage. But now that t-mobile shut off sprint 5g. There was  supposed to be an offer https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-to-redeploy-sprints-midband-5g-spectrum-in-new-york-in-may/, which I never got by text, email or when logging into my account. I am extremely frustrated and angry as I have tried calling customer service and they didn't know anything and it took them an 1 hour and a half of sending me to different people who didn't know anything. I will seriously be considering a switch to a different network as this is absolutely crap. I want this offer or something comparable. I should not be punished, by having to pay for a phone that I would not have bought if I knew this. This is just bad customer service.

Highlighted

Hi! I understand that you're frustrated and would be happy to help. Unfortunately. I'm unable to review the link on my end and would like you to give some details into the offer that you're referring to. Let's get started immediately. 

Highlighted

What's are said details.

Highlighted

Having 5G access depends on both device and location. Are you referring to an offer for a 5G device? 

Highlighted

The offer is for people who have these phones, Samsung S10 5G, LG V50 5G, OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. As these phones are not compatible with T-Mobile 5G which was Sprints 5G, as T-Mobile has shut off sprint 5G. The offer that T-Mobile is supposed to be offering is for people with these phones if they are paying $10 a month of more for there current device they can get a samsung s20 for $10 a month, and if paying $0 a month they can get the s20 for $0 a month. You also don't need to pay off the rest of your lease or finance agreement. 

Highlighted

I definitely understand what you're saying. However, we always have offers coming out to  facilitate each and every one of our customers.

Highlighted

Yes but this isn't a typical offer, most offers require you already own your phone or pay off the rest of the lease or finance agreement. I don't understand how T-Mobile can claim it will give this offer and yet never actually send out the offer. What I am getting out of this experience is that that want to say publicly they give an offer but then never actually do it because it's going to cost them a good amount of money.

Highlighted

I believe I know what you're talking about, I could be wrong, I'll need to check out what I have. 

Highlighted

Are you talking about the promotion OnePlus 7 Pro 5G for just $20/mo. with Sprint Flex lease? 

Highlighted

Or the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G - $0/mo. with Sprint Flex lease? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat