cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Upgrade for Legacy Sprint 5G Devices

Highlighted
Journeyman

Device Upgrade for Legacy Sprint 5G Devices

Now that Sprint has shut down it's 5G spectrum and converted over to T-Mobile's, I'd like to upgrade my OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. I keep reading about the deal at the bottom of this article (and elsewhere): https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-to-redeploy-sprints-midband-5g-spectrum-in-new-york-in-may/, but the helpful folks on the chat and the phone line can't find it. Instead, they keep guiding me to the standard upgrade page for my account which has the standard device upgrade rates and not the much lower rates in the article.

Can someone post a link or contact me so I can take advantage of the lower trade in rates mentioned in this article?

Thanks,

Bruce

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey! Based on the article it states that customers would be alerted so seems like you'd have a wait a little while longer till the alert is sent out. We have no info on this right now. So let's just wait and see what happens. 

Highlighted

Hi Felicia,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Back on May 1, I received a text message that said "As a reminder, on 5/5/20, updates to our new nationwide 5G network may result in changes to your network service. Please call us at ..."

When I called, the agent told me they were just shutting down NYC and to hold tight since I live in the Washington, DC, area. That was two plus months ago, Sprint's 5G has been off in this area for a couple of weeks and the article is from late April. 

Is it possible to scratch a little deeper and see what going on?

Thanks, I really appreciate it,

Bruce

Highlighted

Allow me a few minutes to review your past conversations.

Highlighted

Send us a private message so that we can get more information. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'm looking into it a bit more to see what I find. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wondering myself. Bought this phone for 5g and not it's no longer available and the told me at the store that it's no longer going to be available. So we get screwed? Not happy. What are they going to do for us. I'd like to know. 

Highlighted

Hey! What device are you referring to exactly? 

Highlighted

This is resolved. Thanks.

Highlighted

The device that in question here the OnePlus 7 Pro

Highlighted
GrandMaster

almost positive you guys should be able to piggyback onto TMOs 5G now...i think..not the most up to speed when it comes to OnePlus lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Negative they took it off. This and another sprint 5g phone are no longer supported. Yes the one plus 8 5g is supported makes zero since. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat