cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going on 2 months to resolve with tech supp and OKC ticket team they are clueless

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Going on 2 months to resolve with tech supp and OKC ticket team they are clueless

I have two issues, that may or may not be related.

1: I can't roam in MA. Carriers are blocking.

2: I have a data failure issue only on LTE.

A few websites/servers are SSL handshake timing out. This happens via browser URL or app. No problem using DO or WiFi.

I have done everything I can possibly think of on the handset side to make it work, but it just doesn't. I know how to access test menus, so I know how to get to test mode etc.

I am a sprint customer since 2000. My device is Essential PH-1 OM with BYOD SIM.

My device worked perfectly for 1.5 years, now not so much.

Tech Support passed it to ticket team OKC and they just don't want to accept that the issue could be on the SPCS server side.

I have spent many days trying to get this to work. Going on for two months now. I just accidentally factory wiped my phone today, still not working right. Lost everything, music, photos and vids. I am at my wits end...

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Issue was NOT my device. This WAS a SPCS server issue. I say WAS, because, I finally got someone in OKC to listen to me. *I* told him how to fix it.... He did what *I* told him to do and it resolved the issue. I am an ex SPCS RFE.... you folks should listen once in a while to the customer. You never know who you might be dealing with.

The last thing I need to do, is go to a store, to deal with an asurion wannabe rent a tech, that wants me to pay a "triage" fee for nothing gained. Just time and money lost because you think you know more than the customer.

When you say you want to help, then help. Don't just dump it on the customer and waste their time. Read the post. I pretty much spelled it out for anyone that understands the issue.

I will deal with the roaming issue when I get back to western MA.

Thanks for nothing.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Since I have no option to edit a post, I will reply again to yours.

If you do not understand the issue, you should not respond in this forum. There is nothing an Asurion rent-a-wannabe tech can do, that I cannot, or had already done, as per the description of the issues in the OP.

I have read some responses in this forum, that had some level of knowledge, that actually understood networking issues related to wireless and resolution. Your response, was useless and was just another vehicle for me to waste more of my valuable time and expense, which I do not appreciate. I came here for the first time, expecting the kind of response I had read here, dealing with similar issues to mine. Not the standard CS level response " did you go to a store?"

I PM'd one of these people that responded to a customer, but I did not receive a reply. This proved to be a useless form of resolve for me. I have also read countless pages of misinformation, spewed from SPCS employees on here.

Again, if you don't have the answer, don't take the responsibility of solving, if your intent is to tell a customer to go to a store, without even trying to do anything yourself. This was a very disappointing experience for me.

The two responses to my OP were useless and would have only resulted in more frustration from me. Not good!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, I'm here to help. How long have you been experiencing this issue? Are you experiencing this issue in multiple locations? Is there anyone else in your home or surrounding experiencing this issue?

S.R
Highlighted
Journeyman

Roaming issue at least two months, two of four lines on my acct. LTE SSL handshake time out issue, just my line.

Highlighted

Have you visited a Sprint store to have a technician look into this? 

S.R
Highlighted

I have better things to do than waste half a day of my life, I have wasted enough of it already on this. You said you were going to help, why ask if I went to a store?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

The reason for asking if you went to the store, it's simply to find a fix for your issue. You already stated that you spoke with Technical Support, and you did everything else. But it was not stated if you visited a store. Our best advice at this time is to visit the nearest Sprint now part of T-mobile store and have a Technician run an analysts on your device. 

Highlighted

Issue was NOT my device. This WAS a SPCS server issue. I say WAS, because, I finally got someone in OKC to listen to me. *I* told him how to fix it.... He did what *I* told him to do and it resolved the issue. I am an ex SPCS RFE.... you folks should listen once in a while to the customer. You never know who you might be dealing with.

The last thing I need to do, is go to a store, to deal with an asurion wannabe rent a tech, that wants me to pay a "triage" fee for nothing gained. Just time and money lost because you think you know more than the customer.

When you say you want to help, then help. Don't just dump it on the customer and waste their time. Read the post. I pretty much spelled it out for anyone that understands the issue.

I will deal with the roaming issue when I get back to western MA.

Thanks for nothing.

Highlighted

Since I have no option to edit a post, I will reply again to yours.

If you do not understand the issue, you should not respond in this forum. There is nothing an Asurion rent-a-wannabe tech can do, that I cannot, or had already done, as per the description of the issues in the OP.

I have read some responses in this forum, that had some level of knowledge, that actually understood networking issues related to wireless and resolution. Your response, was useless and was just another vehicle for me to waste more of my valuable time and expense, which I do not appreciate. I came here for the first time, expecting the kind of response I had read here, dealing with similar issues to mine. Not the standard CS level response " did you go to a store?"

I PM'd one of these people that responded to a customer, but I did not receive a reply. This proved to be a useless form of resolve for me. I have also read countless pages of misinformation, spewed from SPCS employees on here.

Again, if you don't have the answer, don't take the responsibility of solving, if your intent is to tell a customer to go to a store, without even trying to do anything yourself. This was a very disappointing experience for me.

The two responses to my OP were useless and would have only resulted in more frustration from me. Not good!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat