cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3a XL - Android 10 Upgrade - IPv6 assignment block app(s) over mobile data

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Google Pixel 3a XL - Android 10 Upgrade - IPv6 assignment block app(s) over mobile data

Crap!!!  I forgot all about that!  

Please power the phone off for several minutes (at least 2) and then turn back on.  Once on,  perform a *#*#SCRTN#*#* on the device.  Hit reset.

@jb007 wrote:

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am for the UICC info. Any update on IPv4 assignment for my pixel 3aXL? Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Google Pixel 3a XL - Android 10 Upgrade - IPv6 assignment block app(s) over mobile data

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am So you made change on your end and just want to me perform network reset for that change to take effect? Is that correct? Thx

Highlighted
Community Manager

Correct.

@jb007 wrote:

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am So you made change on your end and just want to me perform network reset for that change to take effect? Is that correct? Thx

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thx. I will perform network reset and let you know the outcome. Thx
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am I powered off the device and then performed network reset as you suggested.

Following are my observations:

1)Initially, after first couple of reboots, UE would stay on 1x, 3G and then eventually would come back to LTE. After updating the PRL, device config/profile, it seems to start on LTE after reboot. 

2) Prior to this change, I would see two ip addresses under About Pixel 3aXL option: IPV6 and IPv4 which was always 192.0.0.4. After the change, I only see IPv4 28/30.x.x.x If I check under Active APN settings, I do see IPv6 and this same IPv4. When I enable Wi-FI, I see two IP addresses: IPv6 and IPv4 assigned by WiFi. As I had mentioned in the original post, S8+ running Andorid 9, has two ip addresses under SIM status, IPv6 and IPv4, where IPv4 is internal ip address with 28/30.x.x.x. Not sure why Pixel only shows one: maybe Android 10 change?

3) The apps that weren't working, now work with IPv4 assignment.

@Em_Will_I_Am I am going to test this over next couple of days. One question I have: can we revert back the change if I feel difference in the network/mobile behavior besides IPv4 assignment? Thanks alot.

Community Manager

You sure can.

@jb007 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am I am going to test this over next couple of days. One question I have: can we revert back the change if I feel difference in the network/mobile behavior besides IPv4 assignment? Thanks alot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much @Em_Will_I_Am I will keep you posted and follow up in a day or so. Thx

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello @Em_Will_I_Am I went out for a few minutes and I lost LTE coverage couple of times. Not sure if this is tied to the change (it shouldn't be)...but I have decided to go back to the default settings I had. I will live with IPv6 for now. Can you please revert the change and go back to default settings that I had on my GP 3aXL? Thanks. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Em_Will_I_Am were you able to revert back the changes? Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Em_Will_I_Am Any update on reverting back to default settings? Appreciate your help.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Em_Will_I_Am Can you please note down on my account what action was performed to force IPv4 assignment? Are you able to revert the action and go back to default settings of IPv6? Thx.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I'm sorry, I thought these were duplicates.  So, now you want to remove IPv4?  PM me your phone number.

@jb007 wrote:

Hi @Em_Will_I_Am Can you please note down on my account what action was performed to force IPv4 assignment? Are you able to revert the action and go back to default settings of IPv6? Thx.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat