cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel XL 3 not showing on sites system with IMEI

Journeyman

Google Pixel XL 3 not showing on sites system with IMEI

I just ordered a Google Pixel XL 3 but it's not showing up on the site's IMEI entry thing. I had the same problem with the Nexus 6P years ago where it had to be manually added into the system.

What should I do?

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Google Pixel XL 3 not showing on sites system with IMEI

I'd be glad to help out with that! I'll drop you a PM so that I can get a little more information to get this moving in the right direction. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

@Kurisama91Did this ever get resolved for you?  I have a similar issue I'm dealing with and it's still open support ticket.

Journeyman

It totally got resolved. Someone from their team wrote me and asked for some information about the phone, and my account and was able to add the phone into their system for activation. As long as it's not Verizon's special ver of it, it's all good.

Journeyman

How long did it take them to resolve the issue?  I'm dealing with a replacement Google Pixel 2 XL not being supported, which is ironic since my previous Google Pixel 2 XL was originally added with no problem.  It's been over a week now and the ticket is still open.

Journeyman

Did you try messaging one of the community members on the forum here? It took me a weekend. I submitted it on like a thursday

Journeyman

I have messaged them a few times to ask for updates and they just keep telling me the ticket is still open.  I had my ticket opened on Thursday as well, May 16th.  They told me they process these in the order they receive them in and it can take up to 10 business days to process, but it seems like you might have had better luck than I do.

GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-How-to-Add-a-Device-to-Sprint-...

specifically this part

Please contact only one agent. Attempting to contact more than one will not only slow down the process but can and more than likely WILL end up canceling the request.

Keep in mind if for some reason you end up getting a replacement device NOT from Sprint you will more than likely need to go through this process yet again to get the devices info into the database. >>>>EXAMPLE- You own a Nexus 5X and something goes amiss..You end up getting a replacement from Google..The new device is not in Sprint's database so now it must be added in the same way the previous device was added.<<<<<

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Does that single agent contact policy hold true if right off the bat, two different agents send me private messages in response to mine?  Also, I just hit reply to an individual PM and then a completely different agent responds to my message.  I've had a total of three agents now message me about this issue.  All they do is check the status and I'm hoping they're not opening another ticket.  Am I screwed at this point? It definitely seems like it.

GrandMaster

depends. if one is already helping you but you dont think theyre moving as quickly as they should and you turn around and put in the same type of request to yet another site agent, call in agent or chat agent then yes..it's going to mess it all up and either delay it or end up canceling itself out.

if you send a message to an agent in here and a different one responds then thats usually because the agent you messaged is either tied up or not working that day so it was bounced to the next available site agent.

if theyre only checking the status for you then no...youre good to go. as long as they know they are checking the status and not trying to add the phone..

it all rolls down to how you reply to them..did you ask for a update on the device being added or did you tell them you are trying to add a device and then they started asking you for info like the IMEI etc?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364  I think I'm good then.  I've only replied on here through PMs and always just ask for a status update on my issue/ticket.  No new request has ever come from me since the original one that was made.

GrandMaster

yeah you are good to go then..that is just one of the main things that delay getting a device added.

the agent in here are quiet a bit quicker with getting the info to the correct people compared to the call in agents..zero idea why other than the site agents here are pretty good at what they do.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat