cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harman Sprint Drive (HSA-15US) Not Registering My Car is Parked/Off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Harman Sprint Drive (HSA-15US) Not Registering My Car is Parked/Off

Anyone have this issue where the Sprint Drive device doesn't register a car being turned off? It's in a Honda 2018 CRV.  The wifi works, the GPS works.  After turning off the car, the device never registers the car as parked.  I get an idle notification on my phone saying the car is still in idle.  I've tried resetting the device...  The device came off of an older car and was working successfully.

At first I thought it was the device itself, but i plugged it into another car and the device works as expected.  I took the device from that car (where that one was working) and plugged it into the 2018 and had the same issue.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

That's strange! Has the issue always happened in the Honda 2018 CRV or it just started? 

Highlighted

I just got the car... so always.  🙂  Strange indeed.  I was hoping someone else on this forum has experienced this or at least has a 2018 CRV to help narrow down where the issue may lie.

Highlighted

Any possibility that this can be resolved with a software update?  The device does have the latest... but maybe??? Hopefully??

Highlighted

Additional note here,   sometimes get an idle notification on my phone saying the car is still in idle, other times, it's saying the car is driving at a speed but it's not moving in the app.

Highlighted

I would like to ensure that the device is functioning properly. What's the color of the lights for GPS, Wi-Fi and 4G LTE connectivity? 

S.R
Highlighted

With Sprint logo on top, it goes SOLID blue, BLINKING blue and SOLID blue.  In looking at the book, there is no SOLID blue option for 4G... So not sure what is going on there.

Highlighted

Have you tried resetting the device by chance? If not, see below: 

1. Device should be in running/idle/sleep (/Booted) state. To ensure this, follow one of the below two steps.

*Connect to the vehicle OBD for at least 2 mins to get to run/idle/sleep state OR Press and hold the pin for 10 secs until the lights come ON and then let the device boot for 2 mins.

2. Press the pin for 5-7 seconds (NOT more or less than that)

3. Wait 40 seconds

4. Lights come ON and stay ON for 10 seconds

5. Lights go OFF for 2 minutes

6. White/blue lights blink for 10 seconds

7. Lights go OFF for 40 seconds

8. Lights Blink for 3 minutes

9. Lights go off = Device completed Booting and ready to detect Ignition ON.

Highlighted

After Step 1, is the device unplugged from OBD or does it remain plugged in with car running?

Highlighted

This is new to me also. If the car isn't running does anything happen at all? If not, then I assume it has to be running to get the light to come On. 

Highlighted

Ok, did the reset... no difference.  I had some watch the device while I was driving.  The 4GLTE goes from solid green to solid blue.  What is solid blue?  It's on blue more than green.  On my other devices in the other cars, it's solid green.

Highlighted

Solid Blue means that GPS lock was successful. 

S.R
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat