cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Not Sprint Network Eligible on Google-Provided Replacement Pixel 2 XL

Journeyman

IMEI Not Sprint Network Eligible on Google-Provided Replacement Pixel 2 XL

I have been using a Google Pixel 2 XL on Sprint's network since November of 2017.  Last week the device bricked on me overnight and I contacted Google about the issue.  The device was still under warranty and they sent me an unlocked replacement device.  I've tried multiple times to activate the replacement device by using the automated system, chatting with support agents through both online chat and phone, and even went to visit a couple of Sprint Stores in person.  They all tell me the same thing that the phone is not eligible for Sprint based on the IMEI.  They then tell me that Google sent me the wrong device.  When I contact Google, they look it up on their end and say that everything checks out and it seems to be a carrier issue.

After reading a few posts on here with seemingly similar issues, I have a new glimmer of hope.  Is it possible to have my IMEI manually added to the network list to finally get this phone working on Sprint?

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: IMEI Not Sprint Network Eligible on Google-Provided Replacement Pixel 2 XL

Hey Epiring30! Definitely sounds like a headache.  Can you send me a PM with the following info, so I can see what we can do to get it active?

IMEI of the replacement Pixel 2 XL

UICCID of the SIM you're using with the phone

Phone # you're wanting to activate it on

Account PIN or security question answer

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat