cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is sprint 5G ending for my phone because of T-mobile merger?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is sprint 5G ending for my phone because of T-mobile merger?

Hi everyone,

I own a sprint one plus 7 pro 5G phone. I am hearing rumors that this phone is not compatible with new T-mobile 5G spectrum.

I really like this phone but I paid for 5G capability which seems like is going to end. What do you guys think about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, as of 05/05 5G coverage will not be available for your device; however, you will still be able to access 4G LTE service and use all the great features on your device. 

Highlighted

What are you going to do to compensate customers that are financing this device expecting to be able to access 5G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Once again not answered here either sweeping this under the rug. 

Highlighted

They offered a very very short window... about a month... where people with castrated 5G phones could upgrade early to the new 5G phones at a slight discount. The problem is they did an awful job of informing customers and it forced customers into a new lease/contract. If you didn't like the new 5G phones being offered in that window... tough. If you're someone that likes to finance to own your phone and you've made 9 payments towards it... tough, you need to make 24 towards a new one. If you missed the window... tough, now you need to pay full price for a new one. I didn't like any of the new 5G phones being offered and I wanted to wait until October to see if Sprint (T-Mobile) gets the new OnePlus 8T Pro or something else I might like. I was told by a store rep I would still get the Legacy 5G Device Discount at that time. This info was wrong, the discount expired July 9th. I am now stuck financing a 5G phone, that boldly teases me its a 5G phone every time I turn it on and see the startup screen, yet I will never be able to access 5G with it and the resale value on it has gone way down due to this.

Highlighted

Yes the trade in through them is 97 dollars. Meanwhile it's still worth 400 to 500 on the street. So what you're saying is we are screwed? They told me hey you still have 4glte. I said I know that but I bought the phone for 5G. They need to make things right.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat