Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS does not work on Wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

MMS does not work on Wifi

I recently switched from Google Fi to Sprint.  Ever since I switched, I stopped getting MMS messages on Wifi. At work there is absolutely no reception, so wifi is the only way I can text or call. I have to leave work and connect to data to be able to get MMS messages.

Im on a pixel 3 android version 9 using the latest version of "Messages" (google default testing app)

This only started when switched to sprint. On Google Fi it was working normally. MMS was going through on wifi

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello! Couple of questions. You state that you are not getting MMS, are you able to send? Have you tried to send or receive with a different Wi-Fi connection? The device software, is up to date? Have you performed an update data profile? Would like to take a look at the area just to check into the coverage, provide me the nearest cross street and ZIP code of your work place. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Im not able to receive or send on wifi. This is on any wifi connection. I have tried 5+ wifi connections and areas. Home, work, school,gym etc

Device software is on version 9 of android. " Have you performed an update data profile" what do you mean by this?

90263 is zip of work. Again, MMS worked fine through wifi on Google fi. Just as soon as I switched to Sprint I stopped getting MMS and not able to send

Highlighted

Got it! The update data profile, will help installing any missing updates to the phone. I found the thread about this issue in this ink here Have you seen this? If you haven't, please give it a try to the troubleshooting steps stated and if you still experiencing issues let me know for further investigations. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I read through it. It looks like its not resolved still for the person

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat