cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magic box constantly reboots

Highlighted
Journeyman

Magic box constantly reboots

For at least the last week I've noticed my magic box reboots alot.  It may reboot maybe 10 times a day.  Wondering whats going on with it.  Does it still work now with the t-mobile merge?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ah, shoot.  I spoke too soon.  Started rebooting again yesterday.   Actually, it shut off.  Looked a the power brick, green light.  So, power there.  Unplugged the MB directly, plugged it back in.  It randomly reboots now again.  I noticed its pretty dusty on top.  Could be dust?  I could take it into the shop and blow it out with compressed air.  I'll try that tomorrow afternoon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok, finnaly got around to dragging it out to the shop.  wasn't as dirty as i thought, but blew it out and wiped it clean.  will see it it reboots.  i'm sure it will.  the other night i did manage to get a picture of a screen i've never seen before.  sorry, its a poor picture, but it happed in the middle of the night and i just happened to catch it.  it might tell a bit of the story, idk.

20201120_020040.jpg

 I don't have to press anything,  it reboots by its self.  I've never seen this screen before.  It usually reboots before you see this.  It can either reboot after its been on and set for a while, or it may reboot in the middle of configuration.  its completely random.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat