Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G7: no voicemail notification

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moto G7: no voicemail notification

Sprint Visual voicemail installed. Voicemail works correctly.  Notification never received.  Also, missed call notification sporadic.  All notifications on phone enabled and permissions granted.  Network was reset a couple days ago + new sim card.  Suggestions?

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Moto G7: no voicemail notification

Howdy Timbollama1. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. Quick question is this an unlocked device that was used on a different carries network? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked device. However, always on Sprint network.

Highlighted
Wizard

Alrighty. With unlocked devices, there is always the chance that some features may not work. Has the voicemail notification worked on this device, and then just stop working, or has it never worked? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Fair enough.  The VM notification has worked off and on, similar to the missed call notification.  The VVM app will never reflect anything in the Inbox.

Highlighted
Wizard

Ok. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problems.  I have a g7 power and after someone told me that they left a vm I manually checked and I apparently have not been receiving notifications for about a month now as I had several vm dating back to then that had not been listened to.  I have seen quite a large number of these posts on the forums but no one will ever say what if anything can fix it.  Is there something that can be done or is this just to be expected from Sprint service?

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy Someone13. I have a fix, and 9 times out of 10 it works great, other times we need a hammer. But we'll try my fix first. Do you have any saved voice messages on your device? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

no I do not have any vm on my device

Highlighted
Wizard

Awesome! I'm going to send you a PM so I can gather some info. After I'm in your account I'll complete the following steps: 

- Reset Voice Mail (VM)

- Refresh VM

- Then you'll reset up your VM and test. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having the same issue.  No notifications of VM.  I have deleted all voicemails and would like you to try to reset VM so I get notifications.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Gedlancast. I can help you work on this issue. The first thing I would suggest is to make sure the notification settings are on. 

1. From a Home screen, swipe up to access all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings > Apps & notifications. > Notifications.
  3. Tap On lock screen then select an option: Show all notification content. Hide sensitive content. Don't show notifications at all.

Did you ever get notifications on the device? If so, when did it stopped working (after an update)? 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat