Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G7: no voicemail notification

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Moto G7: no voicemail notification

Thank you for that quick reply.  Notifications were on.  A few minutes ago I reinstalled Visual Voicemail and the notifications came back.  Hopefully they stay this time.  If not, I'll be back here looking for help again.  

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Great Gedlancast. Just let us know if it starts to act up.. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just upgraded my Moto g6 to a Moto g7. I never received voicemail notifications with my g6. I just dealt with it. I thought for sure getting my g7 would resolve the issue. I was wrong. Still no notifications. Both are unlocked phones. Please help.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Massius27

Hello! I can confirm the visual voicemail is available with that phone, i'd like to confirm if you have the visual voicemail available so we can go from there. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual Voicemail is working but notifications are very slow.  My wife left me a voicemail yesterday that I got today.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@Gedlancast Try to perform an update data profile to the phone by following these steps:

1- Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open up apps. Tap Settings.
2- Tap the Network & internet.
3- Tap Mobile network.
4- Tap Advanced.
5- Tap Carrier Settings.
6- Tap Update device config.
7- When you see Configuring your device.(Do not interrupt this process, If screen goes into sleep mode, tap the screen to wake up phone).
8- Do not press Cancel or hold down End key as it will interrupt process.
Once complete.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did that. Still have issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really don't want to download another app to do what my phone already does. The only visual I need is that little voice mail icon in my notification area. Can this be done?
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Massius27

For you to receive the notification it should be through the Sprint visual voicemail. The app has this icon.

Are you able to find it on the google play? 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I see the app on Google Play and yes I can download it. I just don't understand why the existing Android phone/voicemail app can't notify me of a voicemail.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat