cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Z2 Force Unlock Problems

Journeyman

Moto Z2 Force Unlock Problems

I am having issues with my Moto Z2 unlock. Its has been unlocked, but when I put in a different sim it still says "Invalid Sim."

21 REPLIES 21
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Moto Z2 Force Unlock Problems

Did you complete the unlock by updating your PRL and unlocking the UICC?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes, I performed those steps. I believe when I requested the unlock the phone was not connected to Wi-Fi.

We can resend it for you. Please send me the IMEI in a private message.

Journeyman

Is there anyway to become connected to a Rep onshore, because, talking to the Reps offshore are no help at all.

I'm sorry but they are the ones that have access to these accounts. 

Journeyman

I have a question about the unlocking process. Does a sprint sim card need to be inside the device and it needs to be connected to wifi? Does the device have the ability to be unlocked with just the Sprint sim card? Does the device have the ability to become unlocked with just wifi and not the Sprint sim card? Just curious if I have this issue again I plan on paying off two device I currently lease.

Android devices must have the Sprint SIM for the unlock to be successful. They aren't required in Apple devices, but they don't always unlock without it. A data connection is needed for the phone to capture the over the air signal. If the phone is active on Sprint, then this should be sufficient. If it's not active, then WiFi would be required. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hello, I recently called in and they sent out a fresh unlock signal. The phone has been connected to WiFi with a sprint sim card inside and the phone is still not taking another carrier sim. The last time the phone took another sim card other than sprint I did a software update it worked with a non sprint sim card until I restarted the phone. Have you all had any mentions of this happening?

That does seem odd that it's staying locked.  Have you followed these steps after we've sent out the unlock signal?

• Open the dial pad of the phone and enter # # 72786 # # (there should be no space between the characters)
  • Select "Yes" when prompted to reset the system setting to factory Default
  • Your phone will restart at least once.  
  • After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:
  • Update PRL
  • Update Profile
  • UICC Unlock

The phone is not connected to Sprint service. The phone does not give any option for PRL update, or any other updates.

You'll need to have the Sprint SIM card inserted, and it should still show it as an option, even if it's not currently active on a line. 

1. From the home screen, tap and drag the notification bar down.
  2. Tap the Quick Settings icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap System Update.
  5. Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
  6. Tap OK.

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat