Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Z2 Force Unlock Problems

Journeyman

Re: Moto Z2 Force Unlock Problems

The message I recieve after doing PRL update is "No PRL update avaliable."

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Have you tried another SIM to see if it is unlocked?

Journeyman

Yes, I have tried another sim card. The device says "invalid sim card." With any other sim card other than the Sprint Sim card.

Sounds like the phone didn't get the signal. I was checking past conversations, and it appears this device is our Advantage Club account. We can't access those here. You will need to reach to them, and request another unlock. 800-927-2199

Journeyman

Is there anyway for an unlock signal to go through instantly or does it always take 24 hours. Also, once I put in a sim card other than Sprint and the phone worked with the other sim card until I restarted the device. Does that mean anything?

Typically it can take anywhere between 24-48 hours, sometimes much sooner. It depends on how many requests are in line when yours is submitted. Once the signal comes through, you should just need to go into Settings and find UICC Unlock to complete the process, after which point you can swap out your SIM. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

So far that has not been working. Is it possible to go to a Sprint Store that does repairs and have this service completed. I have done this process 2 times and on your end it says the device is unlocked, but on my end it does not accept any other sim card other than the Sprint sim card.

It's possible that the unlock code was sent out and not received, so from our end it looks unlocked. Since we can't access your account here we can't try and force anything through. You'd have to make sure that you go to Sprint store that handles the employee/advantage club accounts since not all locations can access those account types. You might use the store locator to make sure there is one nearby and call ahead to ensure they have someone on hand who can do unlocks as not everyone has that power. 

When was the last time you submitted a request for an unlock?

Journeyman

The last time was about 2 weeks ago. The reps I have talked to over the phone says the phone is unlocked. I know the first time the phone was not connected to WiFi, the second time it was. Also, if I happen to get in contact with a rep who is not shoreside they will not send out an unlock signal. This has been ongoing for about 6 months of trying to have this device unlocked. I just want to get this done so I can have this phone as a back up for international use as well as domestic use. I don't owe any money on the phone and would like the device unlocked.

Let me see if I can track down someone here who can get access in your account and see if we can get this taken care of for you. I've got the IMEI of your phone as: *****. Can I get your first and last name along with your phone number? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat