cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Z2 Force "Invalid Sim" After Reset

Go to solution
Journeyman

Moto Z2 Force "Invalid Sim" After Reset

I went out of the country and was having difficulty accessing mobile in the country I was visiting.  In an attempt to fix the issue, I reset the wireless connections.  This didn't work and I kept getting "invalid sim" messages.  I am now back in the US and am still getting the same messages.  When I go to the mobile settings, I see that most everything is greyed out and there are no APN settings.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?  Is there something I can download to the phone to fix the settings?  I still have the ability to use WiFi.  I am using a Moto Z2 Force with Android 8.0.  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Moto Z2 Force "Invalid Sim" After Reset

Hi Zmonet ! This seems to be odd. Have you tried removing the SIM card and putting back in? 

1. These steps will reset the current mobile network programming. After the reset, the device will require Sprint network coverage to activate. Verify your coverage at coverage.sprint.com.

From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.

2. Tap the Dialpad button.

3. Dial *#*#72786#*#*.

4. Tap OK.

The device will power off and restart.

5. The network settings are now reset.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks, Ciara.  I tried reseating/removing-reinserting the SIM card but that had no effect.  I also just tried entering the reset code you provided.  I went to the phone icon and typed in the code you provided.  When i got to the last "*", the full code disappears.  I started over multiple times, but the phone does not power off and restart automatically after typing the code and I'm never able to get that last "*" entered so that I can tap "OK". I tried restarting myself, but nothing changed.

A couple of other points:

-- when I go to "cellular network settings" it is greyed out

-- under APNs, there is nothing

-- I've done a "network settings reset" but that doesn't do anything but wipe out my WiFi passwords.

Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Journeyman

Ciara, I Googled and saw an alternative code is " ##72786#".  I tried that and it did allow me to reset the phone, however, when everything came back on I am having the exact same problems with the exact same symptoms.  Is there anything else I can try?  Thanks!

Sprint Social Care

Thanks for letting me know.

I know that you have tried multiple steps, let's make sure these settings are correct.

Tap the Settings icon.
Tap Network & Internet.
Tap Cellular networks.
Tap Preferred network type.
CDMA: Access 3G data only 
LTE / CDMA: Automatically switch between 3G and faster 4G LTE networks.

If this does not work, we may try refreshing your services.  

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ciara,

It took a few minutes after I did the  ##72786# reset, but then I got a message from Sprint that it was configuring service.  I am now able to use the phone again.  Thanks so much for your help!

Sprint Social Care

Sweet!!! This is what I call team work. 🙂 

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to know that it's working now. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ciara -- The problem seems to be recurring.  When I remove the SIM card and put it back in, it sometimes fixes the issue.  Is it possible for my SIM card to be corrupted and, if so, how would I go about getting a replacement?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@Zmonet, you can have the device check at one of our Sprint store and if the SIM is having issues, they will kindly replace it. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat