cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola G5 Plus - Invalid Sim Card

Journeyman

Re: Motorola G5 Plus - Invalid Sim Card

Yes. They simply gave me a new SIM card. Alhaji and the rest of the team at the store took good care of me.

But I still have a problem with not being able to receive text messages. The only text messages I receive are from Sprint. I'll deal with tomorrow. 

Wizard

I'm happy the store was able to get you mostly taken care of. I'll be more than happy to look into the texting issue. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Well, if you sent me a PM ovia Messages, I didn't get it.

Wizard

I'll resend the message. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This exact same thing happened to me last night out of nowhere same phone. I'd been having connectivity issues for a day or 2. My phone would say it was connected but there was no LTE or it would say it was roaming, and then last night it just bit the dust. Reboots will buy me 2-5 minutes of connectivity and then it'll go invalid again. Gonna try the sprint store today but not much of a point by the sound of it. Was planning on switching carriers soon anyway.

We would hate to lose you. Have you tried changing SIMs? 

Journeyman

Oh I'm not leaving because I'm unhappy. You guys have been great, we're moving to an area with absolutely 0 Sprint coverage. This might just be the thing that gets me to switch now instead of a month from now.

Oh no 😞 Where about are you moving to? We can always check the area. 

Journeyman

I’m having the same issue with my Moto G5 plus. Does a new SIM card fix the problem?

Wizard

Howdy kcrichard. From my research it appears getting a new sim card could resolve the issue. A new sim can be picked up at a Sprint repair store or order through telesales. 

Let me know if this resolves the issue for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

So I did some Google searches on this issue and found that it's not unique to Sprint, which makes me think the problem is phone related, not carrier or SIM card related. One site suggested that making a call immediately after rebooting the phone (during the 3-5 minutes that the SIM card is recognized) can help. I did it yesterday and the issue corrected itself. 

I turn my phone off at night. When I turned it back on this morning, the SIM card was recognized for 3 minutes and then *blip* same problem. Restarted, made a phone call, and it's been working ever since (over an hour so far). 

I may try some of the steps in this article to further correct the issue:

https://thedroidguy.com/2019/05/sim-card-not-detected-motorola-moto-g5-easy-steps-1080793

Wizard

Thanks for the infokcrichard. We do appreciate it. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat