cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help changing PLBL bit to SPCS

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Need help changing PLBL bit to SPCS

Hi there @Syriel! We're here to assist you. Are you trying to bring a device to Sprint? If so, where are you switching from? Have you tried checking the eligibility in our BYOD website ?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. It was a device that was taken to a MVNO that no longer exists. The PLBL setting (which is normally reset by MVNOs when you leave) doesn't seem to have been reset, so trying to bring it back to any Sprint owned brand throws a PLBL error. 

Just need someone who is familiar with the system to reset it.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

@Syriel, we may need to create a ticket to change that, but checking the eligibility online would add the device immediately if eligible. Please give it a try and let us know if you get an error. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos I tried that before posting here. The Sprint website returns a message saying that the phone cannot be activated on line, and would have to be brought into a store. I also tried it on the Boost website since that doesn't hide the error messages and it specifically calls out the PLBL value as the issue. I couldn't test at the Virgin website since that Sprint brand no longer accepts new activations online.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat