cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

Journeyman

No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

I have a Essential PH-1 that has been working perfectly for 3 months now. The last security update was completed over two weeks ago and everything was working fine until last Saturday when voice calls ceased completely. I can no longer make or receive voice calls. LTE, texts and 911 work fine. Over 2 hours with Sprint support got me nowhere so any suggestions would be helpful. Tried Update profile/PRL. Complete factory reset of phone, *#*#72786#*#* provisioning, removing SIM for 30 minutes with forced provisioning from Sprint side. What next?

32 REPLIES 32
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

Sounds like you have done some basic troubleshooting. I am going to PM you, looks like we need to get in the account, and see what can be done. 

Journeyman

Tried following multiple times so I need new ideas from anyone in the Community... 1 - OMADM Update…Update Profile…Completes successfully…Still no voice calls available, 2- *#*#27263#*#*…Runs sprint provisioning and restarts twice… Success message…Still no voice calls.

GrandMaster

did you get the info to the agent so they can see if something is happening on their side?

also are there any other Sprint phones around you seeing this or only yours? cant remember if this was asked or not...also does it start working once you leave that area or still dead in the water when it comes to calls? and going along with the
"forgot if it was already asked" deal...is this happening with incoming/outgoing or both?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Issue started mid morning 3 days ago in Mammoth Lake CA. No call service there, all the way to Southern California, and all through Orange and LA counties for 3 days now so it is not a coverage issue. Three tech reps so far with following procedures with each, in order:

1-Restart phone

2-About phone...ODAMN Update...Profile Update

3-*#*#27263#*#* ...restarts phone...Sprint Provisioning runs...restarts phone...success message.

After that they usually conclude they will check the network and notify later as I assume they reached the end of there step-by-step problem shooting manual. As stated above though, unless your CDMA network is completely down in 2/3's of California for the last three days then it is not a coverage issue. I get mobile data through LTE, texts (even without mobile data on), and 911 service. When I call a number it hangs for 30 seconds and then displays message "mobile network  not available". When my number is called a message "the person you have called is unavailable right now. Please try again later"

Journeyman

Also, my wife has Sprint and now issues in all areas mentioned above at same time.

GrandMaster

regular texts are sent using voice packets...same side as the calls are sent/received.

as for the wifes phones..wasnt quite sure if you were saying she is seeing this in the same places or was not seeing this issue. and does she also have the same phone as you do or different?

one more question..is there anything in your settings/voice calls about making data calls or anything along those lines?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

I rewrote your voice profile on our network.  Can you do a *#*#27263#*#* once more and let me know the results?

@RICHARDGgggg wrote:

Also, my wife has Sprint and now issues in all areas mentioned above at same time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No luck. I tried twice. It restarted, went through 3 step provisioning, success message, restarted. I also, tried turning wifi calling on and making a call while on wifi which worked previously. In all cases I still get "mobile network not available." I am wondering if this is a phone issue but, as I mentioned, the issue just started mid morning on Saturday without anything being done to the phone at all. Everything else works fine, including wifi, mobile data, texting. 

Community Manager

Yeah, that's strange because I see you went through provisioning.  I would say it's a device issue, but didn't you say your wife has the same issue?

@RICHARDGgggg wrote:

No luck. I tried twice. It restarted, went through 3 step provisioning, success message, restarted. I also, tried turning wifi calling on and making a call while on wifi which worked previously. In all cases I still get "mobile network not available." I am wondering if this is a phone issue but, as I mentioned, the issue just started mid morning on Saturday without anything being done to the phone at all. Everything else works fine, including wifi, mobile data, texting. 

Journeyman

No, wife's LG G8 does not have the issue and has been in same coverage. i reached out to Essential and they started with asking for screen shot of Sim Status and clearing cache in phone app. I am not sure what to do at this point.

GrandMaster

this info alone points at either a issue with the device itself or something with your line..Will can see the line side so its pointing more at the phone..for sure not network since your wifes phones is working fine in the same locations.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat