cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

Journeyman

Re: No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

No need to reactivate phone to my line, I already reactivated old phone and am back to full service. I guess the PH-1 is a throwaway at this point. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your patience, glad we were able to be of assistance to you. Best Wishes.

Journeyman

Went back to my Nexus 5x and all services available again. I had a prepaid Ting SIM (Tmobile)  I decided to try on the Essential PH-1 and sure enough everything works just fine...voice and data. Essential is now convinced it is not a device issue. Do you think there is a chance Sprint somehow changed my IMEI in their system to a data only device or something?

it's an interesting thought, but the IMEI would remain the same.  

I recently had the same issue of no incoming calls and server available was able to resolve it by doing the following steps 

Under Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced, toggle "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" to Off

Note: If you made a change with this setting, I would recommend rebooting your device before placing a test call.

This setting controls Voice over LTE (VoLTE) which is not currently supported by Sprint. It is likely there was an error with the SIM provisioning that Sprint pushed out that enabled this feature for you. 

Supposedly will be addressed the April update 

Journeyman

That worked for me.  As it turns out I haven't has incoming calls for a few weeks.  This fixed it.  Probably why I haven't gotten the March update yet too.  Hopefully the April update fixes it. 

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same problem with my PH-1.

Seemed to start after April OS Update. 

Journeyman

You can try all the methods I tried above. Some people appear to have success with turning off VOLTE but than never worked in my case. What finally worked was provisioning the phone to the ATT network with a prepaid sim (voice worked immediately) and then provisioning back to the Sprint netwtok with my sprint sim. I have no idea why it worked but it did. Unfortunately you will likely not get any help from Sprint or Essential as they just point fingers at each other in my case.

Highlighted

Hey Galaxy, did you try the steps outlined by MOWHIZ a few posts up? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat