cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

Community Manager

Re: No Voice Calls on Essential PH-1

Yeah, speaking from a provisioning standpoint, I can say I personally saw your phone provisioned over the network.  I checked for increased calls in Mammoth Lake and show there was an increase due to an outage over Valentine's Day which ended on 2/17.  Since then, complaints have been flat.

If 2 devices in the same area and one can make calls and the other cannot, that would suggest a device issue.  Visit a Sprint Service and Repair center to have them check the device.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

this info alone points at either a issue with the device itself or something with your line..Will can see the line side so its pointing more at the phone..for sure not network since your wifes phones is working fine in the same locations.

Journeyman

Thanks, I will continue to take it up with Essential support 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Please let us know if they are unable to resolve this by reaching back out. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Essential support is asking if Sprint had me switch out the sim card to try and resolve the issue. Would this make a difference? I thought the sim is only related to LTE which is working fine on the phone.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I'm going to recommend changing the SIM. If your local store doesn't have them, you'll have to reach out to TeleSales, to order one. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community Manager

You are correct, the SIM is only used for authentication for LTE services.  It has nothing to do with voice services.

@RICHARDGgggg wrote:

Essential support is asking if Sprint had me switch out the sim card to try and resolve the issue. Would this make a difference? I thought the sim is only related to LTE which is working fine on the phone.

Journeyman

I went to Sprint store and switched SIM cards at Essential's request. No change in issues, still no voice calls just mobile data and sms text. Essential made the following comment as to why it may be a line issue after I told them calls to the phone got an immediate message "The person you have called is not available message 2 switch 188."

Here's their comment...

"Thank you for your response. We can do the Factory Reset but with all that we have done I do not feel this is a device issue. The reason I don't feel its the device is this, for instance, Incoming Calls- immediate message (no ring tones) stating "the person you have called is unavailable right now, 
This would be a message from the carrier, not our device kind of like when you call a number no longer in service you get this type of message. I understand Sprint is most likely saying its the device issue from our experience it is not a device issue. We have specific troubleshooting for different issues that can arise and would tell us if the issue is device related or not. I would call Sprint to ask for a tier 2 or 3 techs to look at your account. They will find things the stores might overlook or miss. Just advise your situation and let's see if we can't get this resolved."

Community Manager

OK, can I activate your phone on one of our test lines?

@RICHARDGgggg wrote:

I went to Sprint store and switched SIM cards at Essential's request. No change in issues, still no voice calls just mobile data and sms text. Essential made the following comment as to why it may be a line issue after I told them calls to the phone got an immediate message "The person you have called is not available message 2 switch 188."

Here's their comment...

"Thank you for your response. We can do the Factory Reset but with all that we have done I do not feel this is a device issue. The reason I don't feel its the device is this, for instance, Incoming Calls- immediate message (no ring tones) stating "the person you have called is unavailable right now, 
This would be a message from the carrier, not our device kind of like when you call a number no longer in service you get this type of message. I understand Sprint is most likely saying its the device issue from our experience it is not a device issue. We have specific troubleshooting for different issues that can arise and would tell us if the issue is device related or not. I would call Sprint to ask for a tier 2 or 3 techs to look at your account. They will find things the stores might overlook or miss. Just advise your situation and let's see if we can't get this resolved."

Journeyman

absolutely, thanks

Community Manager

Open the dial pad of the phone and enter *#*#72786#*#*  It will ask for reset the system setting to factory Default select "YES" It will program your phone with the test number.

@RICHARDGgggg wrote:

absolutely, thanks

Journeyman

Unfortunately, no change. No voice but mobile data and sms work. The only thing different is that when you call the new number it goes immediately to voicemail. I re-provisioned as instructed as well a factory reset the phone. I'm going to try and activate an old phone and move on at this point.

Community Manager

Yeah, I kept calling the number all night and it would ring 3 times and then go to voicemail.  I will put the phone back on your line.

@RICHARDGgggg wrote:

Unfortunately, no change. No voice but mobile data and sms work. The only thing different is that when you call the new number it goes immediately to voicemail. I re-provisioned as instructed as well a factory reset the phone. I'm going to try and activate an old phone and move on at this point.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat