cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail notifications on Moto G6

Journeyman

No voicemail notifications on Moto G6

I activated a Moto G6 on Ting, which uses the Sprint network.  Whenever someone leaves me a voicemail, I do not get any notification on the phone that there is a message.  My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S4, also on Ting, and I had no problems with the voicemail notifications. 

On the new Moto G6, I have notifications turned on for all apps, and I went into the dialer Settings | Voicemail | Notifications and made sure Notification Sound is on and "Show notification dot" is turned on.  I do not have a visual voicemail app installed.  Shouldn't I still get a notification from the carrier that there is a voicemail as long as I have voice service, even if there is no data service available?  Ting suggested doing a factory reset on the phone, but I doubt that it needs a reset because it is brand new. I'll try a reset if that's my only option. Any other suggestions on how to fix the problem of not being notified when I have a voicemail waiting?

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: No voicemail notifications on Moto G6

Could be a lack of service option code that on the account.  Although Ting runs on the Sprint network, we are unable to pull up the account to check for provisioning. In this case, you would have to contact Ting.  Could be something as simple as VVM Notification = False.

@jbirdtx wrote:

I activated a Moto G6 on Ting, which uses the Sprint network.  Whenever someone leaves me a voicemail, I do not get any notification on the phone that there is a message.  My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S4, also on Ting, and I had no problems with the voicemail notifications. 

On the new Moto G6, I have notifications turned on for all apps, and I went into the dialer Settings | Voicemail | Notifications and made sure Notification Sound is on and "Show notification dot" is turned on.  I do not have a visual voicemail app installed.  Shouldn't I still get a notification from the carrier that there is a voicemail as long as I have voice service, even if there is no data service available?  Ting suggested doing a factory reset on the phone, but I doubt that it needs a reset because it is brand new. I'll try a reset if that's my only option. Any other suggestions on how to fix the problem of not being notified when I have a voicemail waiting?

Journeyman

I contacted Ting, and they reset my voicemail.  They also had me reset network settings and reactivate the phone.  They said the problem isn't VVM Notification = False since they reset the voicemail and checked everything.  I am still having the same problem.  Ting said they've had this problem several times with Moto G6 users.  They said the best I can do is try an app like YouMail, and wait to see if Sprint releases an update for the phone.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hmmmm... Not sure if I buy it because with that logic no Moto G6 would work on our network. PM me your phone number and see if I can see anything on this end.

@jbirdtx wrote:

I contacted Ting, and they reset my voicemail.  They also had me reset network settings and reactivate the phone.  They said the problem isn't VVM Notification = False since they reset the voicemail and checked everything.  I am still having the same problem.  Ting said they've had this problem several times with Moto G6 users.  They said the best I can do is try an app like YouMail, and wait to see if Sprint releases an update for the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat