cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 8 Android 11 update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

OnePlus 8 Android 11 update?

Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 was released by OnePlus on 10/10. Any word on when it will make it's way to our phones in the United States?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, I'm unable to say when the update will be available in the US; however, you will be prompted to do the update when it becomes available. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also curious please let us know, if possible in the near future. Phone has screen issues 11 has calibration fixes and others would really love to have it sooner than later. 

Highlighted

What screen issues are you having? Do you have an 8 or 8 pro?

Highlighted

Uniformity issues on low brightness also a black band near my camera cutout and black crush on the left side of the screen.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

usually roughly a month after its release in Europe..give or take depending on what all issues they run into with the carrier variants.

since our phones (or at least the 5G phones released after the announcement of the merger) now get the same updates the TMO devices get any updates are usually posted over on their site..well in their device update area...which currently just says its in development.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/oneplus-8-update-to-android-11

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Still no update but there's a stable version of Android 11 posted on the OnePlus site for the OnePlus 8 dated 10/31.  Would be nice if we could download the updates directly from OnePlus. 

Highlighted

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/software-updates/oneplus-8-update-to-android-11

its in development is all that is known currently.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

This is getting rediculous. It's the last day of November and we still have the September security update.  Oneplus has Android 11 updated again for this model on 11/24. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat