Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 8 updates

Highlighted
Journeyman

OnePlus 8 updates

I have a question for the mods. I just got the OP8 and see that it's the T-Mobile model with the same software version just with a Sprint sim. Does this mean the phone will be getting the same updates as the T-Mobile version?

Thanks. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! The OnePlus 8 5G is now capable of accessing T-Mobile's network, with the latest software version and VoLTE enabled, but you must be located in an area with 5G coverage and have been selected as one of our customers that's going to be able to experience this in the first instance. Chosen customers, will be notified about the access and given instructions if necessary. We're working on enhancing the network experience for all customers! 

Highlighted

Yes I'm aware of all that about the network and 5G. The phone has only been on T-Mobiles network since activation even though band 41 is strong in my area. My question is about the software updates. Since it's a T-Mobile phone with a Sprint sim does it get the T-Mobile updates or it's still a Sprint update? 

Highlighted

The updates will initially come from Sprint since your account is with us and connected to our network. If there are any updates for T-Mobile's network or access, customers will be notified. 

Highlighted

I understand they will come from Sprint while the phone is technically still Sprint. I'm talking more about the updates themselves. It seems the Sprint model and the T-Mobile model are exactly the same. Since they are the same will both models get the same exact software updates? For example, they both got the same first update, 10.5.8. 

Highlighted

We can't say just yet, as of right now the updates are released by Sprint.

Highlighted

The 10.5.10 update was pushed to t-mobile OP8 and I received the same update. So i guess I now have my answer. 

Highlighted

I have the OnePlus 8 on Sprint and am not able to get the August update. Manually checking says I have June update and am up to date. 

Highlighted

didnt see it mentioned anywhere that its been released here as of yet.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

OnePlus lists a August update as does TMobile in their sites

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/oneplus-8/software-updates-oneplus-8#steps2

Highlighted

ah..it was released on the 24th...and can take up to a couple weeks to push out to everyone since it doesnt just get blasted out to everyone at once.

i would wait through this week then fire back into here if it hasnt shown up yet.

Available August 24, 2020

If your device meets the requirements below, this update will be available to download. There's a daily limit on downloads. If it's not available yet, check back tomorrow or after August 31, when the daily limit is lifted.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint pulled the 10.5.17 and 10.5.20 updates. On September 26th a new update will roll out as a fix for these issues.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat