cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 8 updates

Highlighted
Journeyman

OnePlus 8 updates

I have a question for the mods. I just got the OP8 and see that it's the T-Mobile model with the same software version just with a Sprint sim. Does this mean the phone will be getting the same updates as the T-Mobile version?

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: OnePlus 8 updates

Hi! The OnePlus 8 5G is now capable of accessing T-Mobile's network, with the latest software version and VoLTE enabled, but you must be located in an area with 5G coverage and have been selected as one of our customers that's going to be able to experience this in the first instance. Chosen customers, will be notified about the access and given instructions if necessary. We're working on enhancing the network experience for all customers! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I'm aware of all that about the network and 5G. The phone has only been on T-Mobiles network since activation even though band 41 is strong in my area. My question is about the software updates. Since it's a T-Mobile phone with a Sprint sim does it get the T-Mobile updates or it's still a Sprint update? 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

The updates will initially come from Sprint since your account is with us and connected to our network. If there are any updates for T-Mobile's network or access, customers will be notified. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand they will come from Sprint while the phone is technically still Sprint. I'm talking more about the updates themselves. It seems the Sprint model and the T-Mobile model are exactly the same. Since they are the same will both models get the same exact software updates? For example, they both got the same first update, 10.5.8. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

We can't say just yet, as of right now the updates are released by Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 10.5.10 update was pushed to t-mobile OP8 and I received the same update. So i guess I now have my answer. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat