cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

Journeyman

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

I purchased a Pixel 3 recently and when I try to set up Sprint Visual Voicemail app, it times out when trying to verify my account information with the error "Account Verification Error - Communication with Voicemail-to-Text server has timed out"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, including some of the other APK mirror versions of the app available in other threads, but with no luck. Also updated my android version, again with no luck. Is there a way to resolve this? I need some type of app to notify me when I receive voicemails.

63 REPLIES 63
Community Manager

Re: Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

Uninstall what you have on the device and try to install The Sprint VVM app.

@JESSENULL wrote:

I purchased a Pixel 3 recently and when I try to set up Sprint Visual Voicemail app, it times out when trying to verify my account information with the error "Account Verification Error - Communication with Voicemail-to-Text server has timed out"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, including some of the other APK mirror versions of the app available in other threads, but with no luck. Also updated my android version, again with no luck. Is there a way to resolve this? I need some type of app to notify me when I receive voicemails.

Journeyman

I've tried the uninstall/reinstall of the app multiple times with no luck, unfortunately.

Hey Jesse, have you tried clearing the app cache before doing the uninstall/reinstall? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I have a Google pixel xl 2 and I don't even have the sprint visual voice mail app. Where are you downloading it from? When I search Sprint Visual Voicemail in the app store it doesn't come up... I'm running the latest Android version and everything. Extremely annoying as I hate dialing in to delete spam callers empty voicemails..

If you search for Sprint Visual Voicemail in the Google Play store it should come up. Here is a link for you: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sprint.vvm&hl=en_US

Journeyman

Ya I went through the website to try and install remotely but it isn't compatible with the pixel XL 2. After digging a bit more seems that sprint VVM for BYOD devices is only supported on samsung s9 and newer phones so Pixel 2 and Pixel owners are SOL it seems.. Thanks sprint..

Since you have a pixel 3 it should work. Maybe its a SIM card issue but I doubt it. Hopefully you get it resolved asap

Hi Kbafia90, I checked our product details on the Pixel1 and Pixel2 and you are correct - those does not support the VVM app. The Pixel3 DOES support the VVM app however. 

Journeyman

This is very unfortunate as the native phone app on these devices does support VVM (and it works perfectly fine on competitor VZW/TMO networks) yet Sprint decides to not support their customers in this regard with these devices. Sad really but what can you or I do about it...
GrandMaster

they just recently came out with the VVM app...so any device basically as new as the S9 and newer can use it..i dont see them going backwards

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues as the OP. Exact same. Visual Voicemail did work for me when I purchased my Pixel 3 in November. It hasn't worked since late January. Sort of stinks. Any advice would be helpful. I've also uninstalled/reinstalled and cleared storage/cache numerous times. No luck. visualvoicemail@sprint.com doesn't respond to emails...even though they said to email them in the Google Play Store.

@JESSENULL wrote:

Hmm sounds like we might need to reset a couple things on our end. Can you PM us, and we can take a look to get this resolved. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat